why do I have a ? (question mark) in my website?

violett19

why do I have a ? (question mark) in my website?

Post by violett19 » Mon May 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Earlier, I think until today, I used to have dark green on trustworthiness, vendor relability, privacy and child safety on both of my web sites..
Today I suddenly found my wot (on both of my before trusted web sites) has no green, but a ? (question mark ). So I wonder how did that come to be?

Then I deleted the extension in my web browser and installed a new WOT. Because I could not log in, WOT told me my e-mail did not exist. So therefore I had to install a new wot in my browser.

I would like somebody to check out on my two web sites..
but I don't understand how to verify my sites with wot.
I've tried many times now, but I cannot figure it out.

Why did the dark green change to a question mark that suddenly?

Sami

RE: why do I have a ? (question mark) in my website?

Post by Sami » Mon May 27, 2013 3:49 pm

Is your site hosted on a shared domain, such as blogspot.com or wordpress.com? If it is, it used to inherit the parent domain's reputation earlier, but starting today, we treat these domains as effective top level domains (eTLDs) and subdomains each have to earn their own reputation. Once enough users rate your subdomains, they will once again have a reputation.

violett19

Post by violett19 » Mon May 27, 2013 3:55 pm

Ok... so that's why.. yes, my sites are hosted on blogspot.com. So then I'll have to wait and see..
until visitors have rated my sites again.

but why could I not log into WOT with my e-mail account? I had to install a new WOT in my browser,
and then it's ok to log in..

thanks for your answer Sami! :)

rmn

Post by rmn » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:26 pm

<quote user="sami">
... we treat these domains as effective top level domains (eTLDs) and subdomains each have to earn their own reputation. Once enough users rate your subdomains, they will once again have a reputation.
[/quote]

May I ask you to join a discussion on www.mywot.com/en/forum/43208-sub-tld-s-used-as-domain-name-are-problematic-to-rate. My hope would be to have even more question marked subdomains.