Add-on install pop-up

c۞g

Add-on install pop-up

Post by c۞g » Mon May 09, 2016 11:52 pm

The add-on install pop-up overlay should not be displayed when the add-on is installed in the browser; regardless of whether the add-on is enabled or disabled.

BTW
Note how the text in the bottom of the image fades into the background.

c۞g

RE: Add-on install pop-up

Post by c۞g » Mon May 09, 2016 11:54 pm

The breadcrumb links fail to identify this thread as being in the Support forum until after a reply is made.
All Forums > Add-on install pop-up

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Tue May 10, 2016 12:14 am

As I have previously reported (by the way kudos to Mozilla for continued XP support) Edge is being incorrectly detected as Chrome (check for "Edge/" in the user agent string to fix) and IE11 is being incorrectly detected as Firefox (check for "Trident/7.0" in the user agent string to fix); both incorrect detections are due to Microsoft spoofing popular browsers in its user agent strings in order to circumvent older IE detection algorithms, many of which push dumbed-down or non-compliant HTML in order to look good on IE.

<quote user="c۞g">
The breadcrumb links fail to identify this thread as being in the Support forum until after a reply is made.
All Forums > Add-on install pop-up
[/quote]

Wow, never noticed it before. Found a post I made with no replies and sure enough the Support breadcrumb is missing.

Post by Guest » Tue May 10, 2016 3:12 pm

@All =
Thank you for the information
I am more knowledgeable now about "breadcrumbs" or ""cookie crumb"
=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breadcrum ... igation%29
I wonder if these terms describe coding functions, will be named in a more technical manner than the nonsensical ones that we have now,up to this day I had no idea of what it meant
French and Spanish speakers sometimes use instead the term Ariadne's thread (in French fil d'Ariane) in relation to the thread left by Ariadne to Theseus so he can find the exit of the labyrinth after killing the Minotaur, on a LIFO (stack) instead of FIFO (queue) way
hxxttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breadcrumb_%28navigation%29.
Standardization may require it
The breadcrumb links fail to identify this thread as being in the Support forum until after a reply is made
I agree as I understand it now
edit -

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Wed May 11, 2016 6:49 pm

Thanks for sharing your issue! We will have a look into it.

destinationtruth

Post by destinationtruth » Wed May 11, 2016 8:53 pm

Have to say it's annoying to see the pop-up every time I enter the forum. Though it's just one click, and not losing too much time. ~smiles~

For the record I do have the add-on installed; I just don't let the add-on log me in.

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Mon May 16, 2016 8:42 pm

Could you please guide us how to reproduce this issue?

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Tue May 17, 2016 10:20 am

<quote user="mywot team">
Could you please guide us how to reproduce this issue?
[/quote]

Sometimes the first page load to mywot.com will not be logged in, despite having the add-on installed and synchronized. After loading the next page, the popup and "Protect your browser" button will disappear, as well as logging in.

destinationtruth

Post by destinationtruth » Tue May 17, 2016 7:55 pm

Just get rid of the overlay pop-up. There is enough info for people to install it for their browser; two places on every page already without this annoyance. I see no point in this pop-up. Someone that comes to this forum is already aware of the add-on for their browser. . . This is a clear overkill by the designer showing his / her ignorance about WoT and web designing.
Again I do have the add-on, yet don't let the add-on log me in.

Those that agree please take a moment to concur.

Post by Guest » Wed May 18, 2016 7:22 pm

"Those that agree please take a moment to concur."
I agree, is a bit too much and may end up backfiring, keep it simple the minimalist way
Thanks