WOT is coming back to Opera!

MyWOT-Team

WOT is coming back to Opera!

Post by MyWOT-Team » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi everyone,

We’d like to update you with some good news on the status of our Opera extension.

After a short absence from the Opera add-ons store, we’re happy to announce that the official WOT extension is now back and is available for download!

During this period of time we’ve been busy working on improving our Opera extension with improved user-flow and security upgrades. In addition to that, we’ve been in constant communication with the team at Opera to make sure the new version is compliant with the latest standards. We have also added the option to Opt-Out of data collection via Settings and updated our privacy policy.

To our Firefox users - as communicated on our previous announcement, we’ve submitted a new version of our WOT add-on and we are still waiting for Mozilla to review and approve it.
We’ll provide you with updates as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Kind regards,
WOT Team

Site-rater

RE: WOT is coming back to Opera!

Post by Site-rater » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:13 pm

For the Firefox version, is there any reason it has been over a month since hearing back from Mozilla regarding approving (and signing so it can be installed) the fixed add-on?

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:53 pm

<quote user="site-rater">
For the Firefox version, is there any reason it has been over a month since hearing back from Mozilla regarding approving (and signing so it can be installed) the fixed add-on?
[/quote]
Unfortunately there is no particular reason other than a delay in the review process on Mozilla's side.
We have indeed submitted a new version over a month ago and are still waiting for it to be approved. As said, we will be more than happy to provide you with updates as soon as possible. Thanks for understanding.

procyon

Post by procyon » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:14 pm

A small bug with the banner on scorecards. When real-time protection is disabled, there is a message:
"WARNING! Real-time Protection is off. Please turn on to make sure you're fully protected. "
- I clicked on the switch button. The banner turned into green saying "Real-time Protection is on". But in settings, the Real-time protection is still disabled.

To reproduce the bug:
- Turn off real-time protection
- Use this link: https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/exam ... limited-ch
- Click the switch button
- Check the settings

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:38 am

<quote user="procyon">
A small bug with the banner on scorecards. When real-time protection is disabled, there is a message:
"WARNING! Real-time Protection is off. Please turn on to make sure you're fully protected. "
- I clicked on the switch button. The banner turned into green saying "Real-time Protection is on". But in settings, the Real-time protection is still disabled.

To reproduce the bug:
- Turn off real-time protection
- Use this link: https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/exam ... limited-ch
- Click the switch button
- Check the settings
[/quote]
Thanks for sending this over! We'll make sure our technical team is on it.

Kaelemiah

Post by Kaelemiah » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:07 pm

I love using opera, i cant wait for it to be available on my favorite browser! please let me know as soon as its available. Thank you so much!

MrElvey

Post by MrElvey » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:41 pm

How exactly have the privacy and security issues that led to WoT being unavailable on most major browsers been addressed?