How to verify a blog hosted on wordpress.com

eduardosm

How to verify a blog hosted on wordpress.com

Post by eduardosm » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:16 pm

I have a blog on wordpress.com, and I cannot upload HTML files or add custom HTML tags, so I cannot verify my blog.
Thanks.

RE: How to verify a blog hosted on wordpress.com

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:34 pm

I cannot verify my blog.
There is a way; I did it for my previous wordpress.com blog awhile ago. Actually, it looks like the verification process is a bit different than I remember it, but this should still work:
You need to create a new page on your blog with the HTML target described in the verification page as the title of the page (it will be something like mywot43c8697251e9aa00505f.html). Then, on that page, type in whatever code is in the HTML file that you can download on the verification page.

i☆

Post by i☆ » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:58 pm

You can't add an HTML file on your page? Unfortunately I am not familiar with wordpress so I wouldn't know how to do it.

eduardosm

Post by eduardosm » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:22 pm

It doesn't work, because the CMS renames the URL changing ".html" to "-html".

jollyn

Post by jollyn » Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:10 pm

I have the same problem as 'eduardosm' . .

mentalist3d

Post by mentalist3d » Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:56 am

When you create the page, I would make the WOT verification code the title and also add it to the body of the text, so regradless of the URL being changed, the title and the body text will show the WOT verification code. Once the page has been published, contact WOT, quickly explain the situation, send them to the link to your WordPress page and ask them if they can manually verify the page.

Celtic Fiddler

Post by Celtic Fiddler » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:58 pm

You can go to "Appearance" in your WP dashboard, then select "Editor" from the dropdown. In the Editor page, select "header.php" from the list of files on the right. That will open the header file in the TinyMCE editor. Find the "head" tag in the file, and insert the meta line just after that. Save the change, and you will be able to verify using the meta tag.

cyberhick

Post by cyberhick » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:34 pm

Simple! Go to the main page, the one you labelled as first.(perhaps your about page) Add the meta tag, save, then verify. You are now done!

OutlierBabe

Post by OutlierBabe » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:44 am

That works only in Wordpress.org. There is no "Editor" choice under the "Appearance" menu in Wordpress.com. That is why the befuddlement out here.

OutlierBabe

Post by OutlierBabe » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:51 am

Sounds simple, should work, doesn't. Tried it before googling, finding other folks had tried it, finally wound up here. Saw the other solution about creating brand-new page with verif. html as both title and body. Giddy with excitement to give it a go.