Lawsuit

Lawsuit

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:04 am

Hi people.

Today's mail contained a nice letter, indicating I am about to get sued soon. Yes, I am talking regular postage with official letterheads here, not e-mails!
<!--break-->
The court in my region sees reason to legally question comments I've posted here at mywot and I am "invited" for questioning at the local police station on friday.

The letter gives reason to believe I am not the only one being questioned, since it says that I am being questioned as part of an "ongoing investigation against several members of the mywot.com website community".

Because I know I have never posted any untrue statements and while I've always kept comments civil, this official letter from a local court came as quite a surprise. Nevertheless, my legal counsel advises me to quit using the mywot.com system immediately and do close down my account. That's what I will do.

Goodbye to the rest of you. It was nice to be here as long as it lasted.

Take care! I'm out.

webiGator

RE: Lawsuit

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:30 am

Not really sure, but sometimes it sounds like: "I'm out, but I'll be back", to me this picture is clear, to me it's happening sometimes, apart from legal counsels, of course, I don't have a legal counsels (I'll bet, I'm not one such here - not the first not last). And in my case there is nothing to do with lawsuit, sometimes I can say: "I'm out, but I'm here, even without an account". Maybe I'm mstaken now, so it will be my fault if I will be really mistaken. Really, it's very hard to get rid of this community, and I feel that it's my second (virtual) life to be here.

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:31 am

That's not webigator's account. His account is listed as "not verified."

Getting sued and having to talk to the police are two entirely different things. Do we know who posted that?

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:14 am

<quote user="alphacentauri">
That's not webigator's account. His account is listed as "not verified."

Getting sued and having to talk to the police are two entirely different things. Do we know who posted that?
[/quote]

Confirmed !
This post is created by @Webigator and you can confirm this using Google cached page, like i did.

Sami

Post by Sami » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:34 am

I have trouble believing that anyone would have been able to find his real identity unless he actually posted it somewhere, so I would be curious to hear how this happened...?

Edit: I also tried asking him via email using the address he's used to contact us previously, but the email account has been deleted.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:12 am

<quote user="sami">
I have trouble believing that anyone would have been able to find his real identity unless he actually posted it somewhere, so I would be curious to hear how this happened...?

Edit: I also tried asking him via email using the address he's used to contact us previously, but the email account has been deleted.
[/quote]

I would say this is suspicious rather than a normal activity. I wouldn't delete my email id if in any case i would need to do so, i can simple delete my emails or as i use outlook i direct download my emails and always wipe data rather than deleting.

I have set default settings to delete after i download my emails from server.

Another user( The Enchanter ) is expressing his fear and quit saying that I do not want to risk getting sued or something just because I want to surf safe..

Nothing important there is they are simply trying to discourage us using these activities.
As we know, literally it is not possible.

I would love to see a scanned copy of the legal order.

Sami

Post by Sami » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:06 am

<quote user="@anonymouse">
Nothing important there is they are simply trying to discourage us using these activities.
[/quote]

Indeed, and I actually have a reason to believe that "webiGator" and "The Enchanter" were either the same person or they otherwise know each other. Either way, I seriously doubt anyone who didn't already know him would be able to find out his real identity. Still, one shouldn't forget that everyone is responsible for their own posts. Not just here, but everywhere on the web.

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:45 am

<quote user="@anonymouse">
Confirmed !
This post is created by @Webigator and you can confirm this using Google cached page, like i did.
[/quote]

You can look at webiGator's other posts. The author is listed as "webiGator (not verified)" not as "anonymous." No matter who posted this, it was not the same account that was used to post webiGator's other posts.

Post by Guest » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:57 am

<quote user="alphacentauri">
You can look at webiGator's other posts. The author is listed as "webiGator (not verified)" not as "anonymous." No matter who posted this, it was not the same account that was used to post webiGator's other posts.
[/quote]

@Ac
Yes but see the posts which he created all are listed as anonymous.
If you still have doubts why don't you try to see a cached page and still need any clarification @Sami can clear this for you.
I think @Sami is available here ATM.

@Sami
Your call !

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:13 am

On looking at Google cached pages, it appears there were two different accounts named "webiGator," one of which is now "anonymous" (reviews of imageshack.us), one of which is "webiGator (not verified)." Since WOT seems to allow people to register the same name as other users, perhaps he didn't synchronize two computers and registered twice?