[SOLVED] How to link subdomain to a domain reputation ?

Ответить
Nono_

[SOLVED] How to link subdomain to a domain reputation ?

Сообщение Nono_ » Чт авг 16, 2012 7:43 am

Hi there,

I'm the owner of m0le.net, and I have several subdomain for this domain name. (blog.m0le.net, www.m0le.net, piwik.m0le.net etc, etc ..)

How can I do to copy the reputation of blog.m0le.net for all the domain names (including all the subdomains ?)

I've already seen this configuration for some blog portal like over-blog.com

Cheers,

Jazspeak

RE: How to link subdomain to a domain reputation ?

Сообщение Jazspeak » Чт авг 16, 2012 8:43 am

Subdomains automatically inherit the reputation of the domain until each subdomain has sufficient ratings of its own to acquire a separate reputation from the domain.

Nono_

RE: How to link subdomain to a domain reputation ?

Сообщение Nono_ » Чт авг 16, 2012 10:44 am

But, the only 'public' subdomain is blog ( http://blog.m0le.net ) which have some ratings.
But, i never use 'm0le.net' directly, so how can i put the rating of my subdomain, to the domain ? btw, m0le.net = www.m0le.net
In another hand, "www", "blank", or "piwik" have no ratings at all. So, how can I have the same rating for all my (sub)domain ?

AJGP

RE: [SOLVED] How to link subdomain to a domain reputation ?

Сообщение AJGP » Сб авг 18, 2012 12:17 pm

Is there some documentation on the site somewhere for this?

I have seen a site where my.thesite.co.uk is rated poorly on WOT , but www.thesite.co.uk (to which that address takes you" is unrated on WOT and so it is not alerting to the poor rating on thesite.co.uk.

Should inheritance not work "upwards" as well?

Charles Mohr

RE: [SOLVED] How to link subdomain to a domain reputation ?

Сообщение Charles Mohr » Пн авг 20, 2012 12:58 pm

From an SEO perspective, search engines treat sub-domains as separate sites. It is not advisable to use sub-domains if you are looking for specific site domain authority. Now that does sound like a contradiction however from an SEO perspective, domain relevancy is key here, is the sub-domain relevant to the title, description and content?

I always acquire new domains for websites and only use sub-domains if they are relevant to the main domain.

Charles Mohr

Ответить