Sites that promote Registry Booster

Post by YoKenny » Mon May 25, 2009 10:55 am

Sites that promote Registry Booster
hxxp://www.liutilities.com/products/campaigns/ ... fer/gen/rb
hxxp://download.uniblue.com/aff/rb/cbaffregistrybooster.exe
hxxp://www.brighthub.com/computing/smb-securit ... 35789.aspx <== right side
hxxp://www.brighthub.com/computing/smb-securit ... 13572.aspx
hxxp://www.brighthub.com/computing/smb-securit ... 31876.aspx
hxxp://www.brighthub.com/computing/smb-securit ... 22644.aspx <== I'm surprised Donna Buenaventura of Calendar of Updates supports this

demonluo

:( today, i just discovered

Post by demonluo » Mon May 25, 2009 12:24 pm

:( today, i just discovered winrar promote it...
hxxp://www.rarlab.com

is it the ads you are

Post by Guest » Mon May 25, 2009 1:39 pm

is it the ads you are thinking about? i dont think Donna supports registrybooster.

YoKenny

Its the ads

Post by YoKenny » Mon May 25, 2009 3:39 pm

Its the ads that are on the right side of page

Steven Avery

shamware ads on security sites

Post by Steven Avery » Mon May 25, 2009 4:08 pm

Hi Folks,

This shows one problem with tech and security sites that are dependent on ads that are 100% opposed to their own advice. Looking at Donna's site I did not see the Registry Booster shamware ad. Yet there is a big ad for CyberDefender.

(There are a number of ads that are ok: TrendMicro, a car seat, a few companies with smaller tech ads .. pctools is in the small ads)

Cyberdefender is wot red -- & Wilder's leads to :

CyberDefender Early Detection Center
http://stopbadware.org/reports/reportdi ... erdefender

Stopbadware delists CyberDefender as badware
http://msmvps.com/blogs/donna/archive/2 ... dware.aspx
(the other tech-security Donna - Microsoft Donna)

Imho, any security site that is not taking proactive steps to monitor ads (e.g. using the Google blacklist capability) errs. There needs to be an organized effort to prevent these difficulties.

Note: there are complications since Google can have different ads for us than what is seen in Malaysia or Italy or other countries .. and there may be other difficulties from the Google and other ad contractual limitations.

Back to the top post, if Donna's article is on Brighthub, she will not be able to have much influence on the ads unless she is a Brighthub principle. And she is not listed in the managing editors.

You will find these types of links and ads even on sites like MajorGeeks (all over the place.) And there are supposed tech advisors (e.g. pcmech.com .. welloiledpc.com .. whatthetech.com ) who not only host ads but get into affiliate relationships to make even more $$$ hurting the systems and pockets of the people they are supposed to be helping.

Uniblue is very ready to give them the $$$ incentive, they are a company that has been dropping the more substantive software they inherited a few years back (through a purchase) and concentrating with energy on the shamware and scareware market. Using very sophisticated efforts such as going to conventions in the USA to notch affiliates -- the tech companies mentioned above are among the willing active shills .. unblocked google ads in general are for the passive shills.

Rarlab.com looks like a direct pusher-affiliate (not just google ads) thus this would be a reason to look for alternate software other than winRAR for file archiving. And for a red-Wot, a good idea for any shamware affiliate.

Shalom,
Steven Avery

who is whatthetech. com

Post by Guest » Mon May 25, 2009 4:29 pm

who is whatthetech. com affiliated with?

Steven Avery

techs walk dark side with uniblue-registrybooster affiliation

Post by Steven Avery » Mon May 25, 2009 4:53 pm

Hi Folks,

Those three techies-after-a-fashion above are Uniblue affiliates.

http://www.whatthetech.com/2007/12/16/r ... booster-2/
"Recently, we attempted to answer the question, “Do I need a Registry Cleaner?”
In the comments, we were challenged to review Registry Booster 2 [affiliate].

Shalom,
Steven Avery

demonluo

free winrar would nag u to

Post by demonluo » Mon May 25, 2009 5:33 pm

free winrar would nag u to delete/buy their product after 40 days although u can still use it for unlimited time but 7-zip & izarc is 100% free, clean, no nagging w/o limit & support more format...

42 format(i think), my favorite to open archive coz support most format but very slow & unstable when decompressing large file...
www.izarc.org

29 format(i think), my 2nd favorite, i use this to decompress large file & some format that izarc miss...
www.7-zip.org

while winrar only support 14 format(i think), the only advantage it've while other don't is archive splitting...

they are spreading disinformation.

Post by Guest » Mon May 25, 2009 6:26 pm

another site wich is not trusthworthy anymore.

thanks for the information.

-

Post by Guest » Mon May 25, 2009 6:51 pm

"the only advantage it've while other don't is archive splitting..."

like splitt to rar001, rar002 and such? i couldnt make 7-zip and izarc to extract splitted archives at first but found it out later, dont remember how though as it is a while ago.