The Panama Papers

Retarded Joker

The Panama Papers

Post by Retarded Joker » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:34 pm

Pretty sure many of you heard about this; it is trending. If not, read more about it here: hxxps://panamapapers.icij.org/

I was really surprised when I read a few of the names there. And what is more surprising is that, one of them actually claimed this is not true.
I knew this kind of stuff existed, to avoid taxes. But the names involved caught me by surprise.

What are your thoughts? Any names that surprised you?

Site-rater

RE: The Panama Papers

Post by Site-rater » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:43 pm

Doesn't the hidden WHOIS provider WhoisGuard reside in Panama? This might be even more interesting to WOT users than you think!

Post by Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:26 pm

"Pretty sure many of you heard about this; it is trending"
Hello =
I have been following it since day one, but confused by some details, like the one mentioned by BFeely
Inside job?
"I knew this kind of stuff existed, to avoid taxes. But the names involved caught me by surprise"
I will not be surprised by any name and this is being going, for decades, if you listen to the names of each place in this song, most of the places have been a "tax haven" at one time or another .......... many remain one
hxttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJWmbLS2_ec
[cite]That's where you want to go to get away from it all[/cite]
Good read since the local media is being mute about it
Thank you ☺

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:53 pm

What I meant is that WhoisGuard (the hidden WHOIS company) is based in Panama, and their info may pop up in the Panama papers.

A440

Post by A440 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:09 am

Don't be surprised when people with close connections to American politicians or their funding operations are tied into this operation; chains of connection.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:30 am

Some of you may be familiar with a certain suite of companies in a haven called "Delaware":
_http://digg.com/2016/what-are-panama-papers-leak-shell-corporations
See the 2nd infographic "How to make your own shell in 7 easy steps".

Retarded Joker

Post by Retarded Joker » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:35 am

I don't know if any of you noticed, but ... there are no names from the U.S.
That is pretty weird.

And, everyone is targeting Vladimir Putin, because 'his friends and relatives' are involved.

dj-newcomer

Post by dj-newcomer » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:50 am

Maybe there are no US names because of pre-filtering?! The fact is, for me its weird too because there are names around the world, dosent matter which status they have in communities. I was surprised about Messi (football). But Panama is known for the business with the letterbox companies.

dj-newcomer

Post by dj-newcomer » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:55 am

and nowadays you have to reckon that your datas will be published to the public if you have dirty shoes ;)
maybe it was a successful hack to the database (official announcement) but in my opinion it was an inside job to get this datas.

Post by Guest » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:09 pm

<quote user="bfeely">
What I meant is that WhoisGuard (the hidden WHOIS company) is based in Panama, and their info may pop up in the Panama papers.
[/quote]

I meant that too, but as secondary, when it comes to WOT, I distrust commercial sites that block their Whois behind "Domains by proxy" or in this case Whoisguard, I have been criticized in the past for this, but I am not the only one that feels that way

I agree with both of your posts and is going to be very interesting to see what comes out the Panama Papers I believe that, this could be the first victim of greed
[cite]The prime minister of Iceland has resigned - the first major casualty of the Panama Papers leaks which have shed an embarrassing spotlight on the world of offshore finance[/cite]
htxtp://wxww.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35966412.
I would not want to be him at all, but much less in China, they are not as forgiving