About yasni.com

ichlaffterlalu

About yasni.com

Post by ichlaffterlalu » Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:00 am

This site is very hateful, this site contain privacy contents of some people, and I don't know why my private information is in that website and crawled by Google, who that sends that information, when and where this site collects private information of all people (maybe some people, that always interested in building websites), and why this should be HAPPENED?

Actually this site not filled with annoying ads or popups, but this site is really disturbing someone's privacy (including me). This site is also making spams that looks like sent from me, but this is REALLY DISTURBING. My mom gets angry, why I sent spams to my mom's email? NO, no, no... not me. Maybe these spam sent from the other people to my contacts, and they said that mail is sent from my EMAIL!

So, don't share any e-mail, website, to unknown people (but I'm not doing it MYSELF, so someone anonymously steal my private information). Be aware of such this attack! Don't touch this site.

What about yours? Any comments?

RE: About yasni.com

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:15 pm

I can confirm your findings about Yasni.de and was astonished about that site too as I first saw it. But all they do is collect the information that is already available at the internet and sort it per name and person to make it available on their website. What they display can be found at Bing, Google, Facebook, Twitter and/or somewhere else.

I guess you might say: their site proves that "if you want to keep something secret, don't put it online".

Tip: contact their company support if you've detected personally identifying information that you don't want to see there. They removed all of my related data when I dropped them an email. On the other hand, that's been a few years ago. But as it's a German company running the Yasni websites, I'm sure they'll comply to alike requests. At least, that's what German law implies when it comes to <em title="personally identifying information">PII[/i].

evilfantasy

Post by evilfantasy » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:00 am

I rated this website red for Annoying ads or popups.

Tested navigating in the website twice and each time got two popups:
hxxp://www.yasni.com/ad_pop.php?popup=us2
hxxp://www.yasni.com/ad_pop.php?popup=us1

It also sets two cookies and one is for a popunder:
yasni_ads_popunder_extern

Rated red for:
  • Trustworthiness
  • Vendor reliability
  • Privacy
  • Child Safety

The Child Safety rating is because minors do use the Internet and their information can be searched and collected by this service and that can put minors in serious danger. For this reason I also rated red on Ethical issues.

List of domains/hosts

about.yasni.com
au.yasni.net
person.yasni.com
yasni.at
yasni.be
yasni.ca
yasni.ch
yasni.co.uk
yasni.com
yasni.com.br
yasni.de
yasni.es
yasni.fr
yasni.it
yasni.nl
yasni.ru

ichlaffterlalu

Post by ichlaffterlalu » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:22 am

<quote user="evilfantasy">

Rated red for:
  • Trustworthiness
  • Vendor reliability
  • Privacy
  • Child Safety

The Child Safety rating is because minors do use the Internet and their information can be searched and collected by this service and that can put minors in serious danger. For this reason I also rated red on Ethical issues.

List of domains/hosts

about.yasni.com
au.yasni.net
person.yasni.com
yasni.at
yasni.be
yasni.ca
yasni.ch
yasni.co.uk
yasni.com
yasni.com.br
yasni.de
yasni.es
yasni.fr
yasni.it
yasni.nl
yasni.ru

[/quote]

The issue is not the annoying ads or pop-ups. I think, this site doesn't have annoying ads or pop-ups. But, I think, this website is broken privacy of some people. That's the issue!

ichlaffterlalu

Post by ichlaffterlalu » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:24 am

Hmmm... how about Vendor Reliability??? This site is not an online trading site, but site that provide the secret information about some people. I'm really confused..

ichlaffterlalu

Post by ichlaffterlalu » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:32 am

<quote user="mozillaaddonuser">
I can confirm your findings about Yasni.de and was astonished about that site too as I first saw it. But all they do is collect the information that is already available at the internet and sort it per name and person to make it available on their website. What they display can be found at Bing, Google, Facebook, Twitter and/or somewhere else.

I guess you might say: their site proves that "if you want to keep something secret, don't put it online".

Tip: contact their company support if you've detected personally identifying information that you don't want to see there. They removed all of my related data when I dropped them an email. On the other hand, that's been a few years ago. But as it's a German company running the Yasni websites, I'm sure they'll comply to alike requests. At least, that's what German law implies when it comes to <em title="personally identifying information">PII[/i].
[/quote]

I really kept my secret informations, but I don't know who is putting this informations online?

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:29 pm

<quote user="ichlaffterlalu">
Hmmm... how about Vendor Reliability??? This site is not an online trading site, but site that provide the secret information about some people. I'm really confused..
[/quote]

Every site has something to "sell", even a personal blog has: opinions, beliefs and a pubblic image, for instance.
Ratings are subjective.
Try to rate sites in the most unbiased way, possibly without any agenda, and you won't regret.

ichlaffterlalu

Post by ichlaffterlalu » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:43 am

I need more than these comments of Yasni websites!

ichlaffterlalu

Post by ichlaffterlalu » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:24 am

<quote user="evilfantasy">

Rated red for:
  • Trustworthiness
  • Vendor reliability
  • Privacy
  • Child Safety

List of domains/hosts

about.yasni.com
au.yasni.net
person.yasni.com
yasni.at
yasni.be
yasni.ca
yasni.ch
yasni.co.uk
yasni.com
yasni.com.br
yasni.de
yasni.es
yasni.fr
yasni.it
yasni.nl
yasni.ru

[/quote]

Okay, I am rated all these bad sites!

Actraizer

Post by Actraizer » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:12 am

Yasni do sell something... They sell e-reputation watch and higher ratings for user created profiles (for about 4€ per month). Supposedly intended to be "more visible" on the Internet and care about your own e-reputation.

Problem is everytime a site like that goes online they agregate whatever piece of information shows up on the Internet along your name, even if it has no link whatsoever with you, and then has you build a profile to let you identify links.

As they have no way whatsoever to make sure you truly are the person you create a profile for it's a wonderful way to take care about some else's reputation or put on phising operations.