An unhappy site owner started an email campaign against WOT

Vednier

RE: An unhappy site owner started an email campaign against WOT

Post by Vednier » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:35 pm

Yeah yeah yeah, if you site rated poorly, why struggle to improve site and reputation? Yeah, better just attack addon and rating system itself. I see peoples not changing never.
As for "rated poorly" sites, in 95% they got that they deserve- that sites usually perform email and im spam, ignorant to customers, or scam users in some way. Of course they dont happy to see their unnice tactics to be revealed.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:18 am

Regardless of the location which sent that email, the person who composed it was not German, Russian, or Asian - it is the wrong language structure. Nor is it an educated multilingual non-English speaker, who would not make the mistakes therein. It looks very much like a rural American high school drop-out.

c۞g

Post by c۞g » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:02 pm

<quote user="sami">We received a copy of an email ...[/quote]
Too bad the headers aren't present.

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:19 pm

<quote user="c۞g">
Too bad the headers aren't present.
[/quote]\

It's best not to play these guessing games. I know they're fun and I'm tempted to post my own guess. I value this thread as an FYI or "heads-up", but I'd be especially reluctant to counterattack (unless the perpetrator was demanding a seaport) or to retaliate.

c۞g

Post by c۞g » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:35 pm

<quote user="notbuyingit">It's best not to play these guessing games[/quote]
Agreed
email has origin as evident within it's headers.

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:57 pm

Edit: For site owners who found this thread through a search engine and are wondering what to do about their site's reputation, here's a good place to start. It's probably a good idea to read about the common misconceptions too, before falling for all the misinformation out there.
This is the best way to combat lies , spread the truth
The more information is provided about how W.OT works , the easier it would be for the masks to fall and it will reveal the true intentions of this individual
I have not commented in the Mozilla forum , but that will change starting today
As Alphacentaury correctly points out , WOT has a wiki and that is a good start

Sami

Post by Sami » Sat Apr 13, 2013 6:37 pm

<quote user="superhero58">
The more information is provided about how W.OT works
[/quote]

Speaking of that, have you seen [url=https://www.mywot.com/support/how-wot-works t=_self]this page[/url]? We are trying to find a way to explain the concept in a more understandable way to those who might not be as technically savvy as the folks here on the forum. What do you think?

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:20 pm

<quote user="sami">
[url=https://www.mywot.com/support/how-wot-works t=_self]this page[/url]
[/quote]\

[url=http://www.mywot.com/support/how-wot-works t=_self]●[/url] Useful, informative

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:02 pm

<quote user="sami">
Speaking of that, have you seen [url=https://www.mywot.com/support/how-wot-works t=_self]this page[/url]? We are trying to find a way to explain the concept in a more understandable way to those who might not be as technically savvy as the folks here on the forum. What do you think?
[/quote]

I have never understood, why it is so difficult to explain the obvious, when trying to explain how WOT works, this is a nice attempt, but the word algorithm can be a rather confusing and scaring concept

When Timo and you thought about the Web Of Trust, you had a simpler way ..................... it was all about, trust!

How do people trust a site and why and proceed to leave an honest comment, which at the end is your opinion, opinions are perceptions of facts, as my good friend Kraft reminded me, opinions need to be backed up by facts or tangibles

For example, if I go to a restaurant and the food is great, but the valet service, drives my car at high- speed without any concern for my car, I guarantee you that is unlikely that I will ever visit that restaurant again, even if the food was great

The knowledge about computers is overrated because most people will not take their time to update their antivirus, much less try to understand how WOT works, in the other hand they do understand that if a users have a specific reason not to trust a site; their money, privacy and in some cases their health, can be compromised that, they do understand and care for

Do not get me wrong, this example about how WOT works is good try, though the earlier videos

https://www.mywot.com/en/support/tutorials/81

In my opinion are better, well spoken and to the point

I like you to know that my computer crashed and in the process, I learned how important WOT is, as I was navigating the net, by the seat of my pants without the warnings from WOT, which is a better add on when it comes to security than the one that won this year's the About.com award

I know that we could have won it

Best regards

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:05 pm

<quote user="myxt">
Regardless of the location which sent that email, the person who composed it was not German, Russian, or Asian - it is the wrong language structure. Nor is it an educated multilingual non-English speaker, who would not make the mistakes therein. It looks very much like a rural American high school drop-out.
[/quote]

I agree that is not German or Russian ................ I donn't know about an American , but these idiots do not have countries :{

In the other hand =
"They claim that scores cannot be manipulated, yet that is exactly what I was doing the last year to great success. No more, I quit"
I believe that a mole
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mole_%28espionage%29
Have been working inside WOT , the funny thing is that HE was watched for a year , by some of us : - }
And no , he was not able to manipulate ANYTHING , so stupid HE is among other things