Announcing Filter

MyWOT-Team

Announcing Filter

Post by MyWOT-Team » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:21 pm

We're thrilled to share with you that we've just released our new extension, Filter. You can learn about it here: http://filter.mywot.com/

We would be happy to hear your thoughts and feedback! Please fill out our feedback form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/13PP7SVzVt68AfxLqsZyusMumh1AQOXjJDEXuqX-xrEY/viewform#responses

We hope you enjoy using it.

YUMENEKO

RE: Announcing Filter

Post by YUMENEKO » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:33 pm

I have a question. Is there a test domain where we can check if WOT Filter is working or not?

A440

Post by A440 » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:57 pm

I almost wish you had a product that could work on email as a automatic filter. My ISP has absolute shite for spam filtering.

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:29 pm

Great development, but only available on Google Chrome.
I'm not a fan of the almighty Google monster and browse with Firefox.
Are you going to release a version of FILTER for that browser ( and others ) as well ?

@ A440 : Echo that !

destinationtruth

Post by destinationtruth » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:55 pm

I wonder if this is the reason you all seem to have no time to answer support questions in a timely manner. . . or address the existing bugs. (too many irons in the fire.)

You really need to become more proactive with the current service.

test.subject

Post by test.subject » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:19 pm

Once again, the problem is that the site loads for a second before getting blocked. Is there anyway to force the page to not load until it is scanned?

Meow1964

Post by Meow1964 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:24 am

great option this wot team. i think my friends who use wot would benefit from this filter

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:48 am

There already are options already out there for PaleMoon or Failfox with extensions such as Blocksite Plus. Still, I fear that the team is overly child happy and overly reliant on automatic tools.

The sad fact is that web filters are easily bypassed- and parents cannot afford to delude themselves into believing that their kids won't figure out how to easily disable or bypass them. In the real world this means parents looking for an automated mechanism instead of sitting there with their children are going to be lulled into a false sense of security- and potentially put their kids at more risk. It is my opinion that a competent parent wont give children access to the internet until they are ready and then spend some of the early years not allowing them on it unless they are sitting smack-dab right there next to them. This is why IMO the child safety portion here is a luxury feature- and overemphasized.

In my system I use Blocksite Plus as more of a way of keeping notes for myself. The #1 star of the defense is NoScript. When used properly one could even go straight to a </green virus site and nothing will happen. There have been days where I opened them up by the hundreds simultaneously and </greenrated them- and not a darn thing happened except for me just running out of time to do more of them. There just were too many of them for one person to tackle.

Also,
Destinationtruth brought up a very important point. The team is too focused on throwing more irons onto the fire when there are too many existing holes that they have yet to plug. I truly hope that the team doesn't go the way of Mozilla and slowly wreck what one was the best thing out there.

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:15 pm

<quote user="dutch mountain">
Are you going to release a version of FILTER for that browser ( and others ) as well ?
[/quote]

Currently we're only releasing it to Chrome. This may change depending the interest we receive.

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:15 pm

<quote user="meow1964">
great option this wot team. i think my friends who use wot would benefit from this filter
[/quote]

We're glad you like it and hope your friends benefit from it!