Are comments now restricted to 1 on ALL scorecards?

OctoberInTheChair

Yeah about those hints...

Post by OctoberInTheChair » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:19 am

Under "Adult content" there is no hint, but the example reads:

"Example comment:
They show parts of human body that I would not like my kids to see."

So, are you saying that a site that contains malware and phishing attempts and is rated bright red across the first 3 cats should be rated green on "Child Safety" if there is no nudity? I guess what I'm asking is do we now have a definition of cat 4 (Nudity = red, no nudity = green)?

What about sites like this one? https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/godhatesfags.com
I just visited that site (131 people were cast into hell during my 60 to 80 second visit - there's a helpful counter on the left side so you can keep track) (!) and there doesn't seem to be any nudity, but I WILL NOT rate that site as "safe for kids".

RE: Yeah about those hints...

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:10 am

<quote user="octoberinthechair">
Under "Adult content" there is no hint, but the example reads:

"Example comment:
They show parts of human body that I would not like my kids to see."

So, are you saying that a site that contains malware and phishing attempts and is rated bright red across the first 3 cats should be rated green on "Child Safety" if there is no nudity? I guess what I'm asking is do we now have a definition of cat 4 (Nudity = red, no nudity = green)?

What about sites like this one? https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/godhatesfags.com
I just visited that site (131 people were cast into hell during my 60 to 80 second visit - there's a helpful counter on the left side so you can keep track) (!) and there doesn't seem to be any nudity, but I WILL NOT rate that site as "safe for kids".
[/quote]
Echo =
No would I rate it safe for minors either !
- edit

alphacentauri

RE: Are comments now restricted to 1 on ALL scorecards?

Post by alphacentauri » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:01 am

Personally, I prefer posting everything in one comment. I'm a wall-of-text kind of person. :)

That being said, the current format isn't very satisfactory. Since comments are just advisory and don't affect ratings, the colors and categories are mostly just decoration. So it hasn't really mattered that much one way or another to me.

If you're going to change it, I would consider it an improvement if:
- we could choose multiple categories for a post instead of trying to choose one best category
- scam/phish was split, so we could chose one or both (lots of site owners complain they're accused of phishing when they're really scammers, and it looks to the casual observer like our ratings are inaccurate)
- we could respond to our own comments to provide sequential date stamps. This would be useful both for thanking hosts/registrars that respond to complaints, but also to post follow ups for sites that continue to spam over long periods of time. That would address Boonsiri's concern about having to choose a category that encompasses both the original comment and the follow up if you're just editing the original post.

As Sami mentioned, since multiple comments don't appear in sequence (and we can't see how our own comments appear to others, since our own comments appear first to us), I'm not that upset over losing the ability to post multiple times. But I don't see a big reason to make a change if you're going to just rearrange the deck chairs. If this is step one in a more substantial overhaul, that would be fine with me.

Myxt

Post by Myxt » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:18 am

I usually prefer one comment. To keep it updated, I proceed as follows:

Original - with comment Category and automatic date:
Like any normal comment, I select a Category from the drop-down and then type my comment in the box.

[myAlias 03/20/2013 &bull; Spam]

This web site has soiled my inbox.

Update 1:
After clicking the Edit button, I add the original date and Category above the original comment. If it was a long or complex comment, I add a small dividing line above that for clarity. I format the update almost the same, but label it "Update" because the current Category is stored in the drop-down.

[myAlias 04/10/2013 &bull; Other]

03/30/2013 Update
This web site has been potty-trained.

03/20/2013 Spam

Update (n):
Subsequent updates.

[myAlias 04/10/2013 &bull; Entertaining]

04/10/2013 Update
This web site is ever so jolly, by golly.

03/30/2013 Other
This web site has been potty-trained.

03/20/2013 Spam

MarkGiles

Good move, Sami

Post by MarkGiles » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:18 am

Bottom lines, in brief

* I've always tried to avoid posting more than one comment. If I have an update, I edit the previous comment, placing the new details before, after, or within the previous text as appropriate.

* I support more categories. So many frauds are not phish that it galls me to have them lumped into the same category.

* Being able to select multiple categories is a definite improvement.

Timo

Post by Timo » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:12 am

We have heard your critique against one comment rule on scorecards. I have made a change that allows two comments per scorecard for all users. I hope it's enough for most cases.

I agree that we communicated this change poorly. We should have been more open about this change and not just changing the functionality.

marco2981

Post by marco2981 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:51 am

<quote user="timo">
We have heard your critique against one comment rule on scorecards. I have made a change that allows two comments per scorecard for all users. I hope it's enough for most cases.

I agree that we communicated this change poorly. We should have been more open about this change and not just changing the functionality.
[/quote]

Thank you Timo.
Two comments are enough at least for me.
Using one comment wasn't enough to comment something like this
http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/3010101.ru

Boonsiri

Post by Boonsiri » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:57 am

<quote user="timo">
We have heard your critique against one comment rule on scorecards. I have made a change that allows two comments per scorecard for all users. I hope it's enough for most cases. [/quote]Having read the example by "Myxt", I think that the combination of 2 comments and the new way comments can be labeled, should be workable for me.
No problem, mistakes can happen, but thanks for the admission.
Thank you very much for the way WOT responded to make the change workable for me, and seeing the other reactions, probably for most users.

Kraftwerk

Post by Kraftwerk » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:04 am

About the comments

Good site:

I visit this site regularly and find the information very reliable and useful!

Sounds like "useful, informative.

what's about

I visit this site regularly and find the information very reliable and it helps me a lot !

Bad Customer experience:

is missing.

Something like

I bought from this site, but i was not satisfied. The products were low quality and the support was lazy.

Malware, Browser Exploit and Spyware is identically. Maybe you should give exapmles to help someone who does not know what to choose. Although you do it above the comment, which is ok IMO

Adult content.

They show parts of human body that I would not like my kids to see.

Good would be maybe

The content might hurt or endanger my child, because of nude pictures, rude language or something similar.

Hateful or questional and ethical issue is missing.

It's pretty difficult, since it's often a cultural issue

Kraftwerk

Post by Kraftwerk » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:28 pm

<quote user="superhero58">
Sehr gutes Spiel von Wörtern mein Freund : - }

But you are right , even opinions should be back up with facts , and yes freedom of speech , should be respected
Thank you Armored for the tread , it was needed
[/quote]

jajajaja :D muchos gracias