Are comments now restricted to 1 on ALL scorecards?

RE: Are comments now restricted to 1 on ALL scorecards?

Post by Guest » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:01 pm

<quote user="kraftwerk">
jajajaja :D muchos gracias
[/quote]
De nada , es todo un placer
I got it so quicly that , I din't know what to say ..................... very witty my friend :}

@Timo =

Thank you , and a good job

OctoberInTheChair

Exactly

Post by OctoberInTheChair » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:54 am

<quote user="kraftwerk">

Adult content.

They show parts of human body that I would not like my kids to see.

Good would be maybe

The content might hurt or endanger my child, because of nude pictures, rude language or something similar.

Hateful or questional and ethical issue is missing.

It's pretty difficult, since it's often a cultural issue
[/quote]

I think this would resolve my earlier question, and I think Kraftwerk's wording is perfect as the example for Adult Content comments. As he says, it's a cultural issue, and as such I think it's impossible to define with just nudity = red, no nudity =green. And while comments are not ratings, if someone looks at the current example, they might get confused and alter their rating on CS. This is Jmho, but I really think Kraftwerk got it right.

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:37 pm

<quote user="timo">
We have heard your critique against one comment rule on scorecards. I have made a change that allows two comments per scorecard for all users. I hope it's enough for most cases.

I agree that we communicated this change poorly. We should have been more open about this change and not just changing the functionality.
[/quote]

I can imagine that we have members who want to have the opportunity to leave two comments.
So tx Timo for changing that.

Personally I only leave one comment and follow the system Myxt mentiones. If there's an update I press that combined with the present date under the existing comment, after labelling my former comment with the date of placing that.
My 2 cents......

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:44 am

I still would like to see the ability to add replies to ones own comments while preserving the original date stamp. I find those dates very useful when an OP wants to know how their site got that bad reputation. It helps me track down if there was a transient issue with a compromised site and how long ago it was, or if the site has changed ownership. Having the person leaving a comment have to create a fake prior date seems like a bad precedent. We would be screaming about deception if the OP did that.

Post by Guest » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:07 am

<quote user="alphacentauri">
I still would like to see the ability to add replies to ones own comments while preserving the original date stamp. I find those dates very useful when an OP wants to know how their site got that bad reputation. It helps me track down if there was a transient issue with a compromised site and how long ago it was, or if the site has changed ownership. Having the person leaving a comment have to create a fake prior date seems like a bad precedent. We would be screaming about deception if the OP did that.
[/quote]

I second this proposal.

Kraftwerk

Post by Kraftwerk » Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:24 pm

Another way to avoid writing comments:
just keep the example comment http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/mywot.com/comment-62678577#comment-62678577

clipboard33

Post by clipboard33 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:58 am

I prefer the option of having 2 comments.
Why?
I can then rate one positive and the other negative or ambiguous.
Example: A site that is truly useful deserves a positive comment,
but if the same site uses offensive/intrusive popups or is lousy when
it comes to privacy, then that same site also deserves a negative comment.
To give only a positive comment implies everything is fine.
To give only a negative comment implies the site is useless or worse.
Hence, two comments seems a serviceable solution. Thanks.

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:10 pm

<quote user="clipboard33">
I prefer the option of having 2 comments.
Why?
I can then rate one positive and the other negative or ambiguous.
Example: A site that is truly useful deserves a positive comment,
but if the same site uses offensive/intrusive popups or is lousy when
it comes to privacy, then that same site also deserves a negative comment.
To give only a positive comment implies everything is fine.
To give only a negative comment implies the site is useless or worse.
Hence, two comments seems a serviceable solution. Thanks.
[/quote] \

@[url=http://www.mywot.com/en/user/4639826 t=_self]clipboard33[/url]
If you haven't already examined it, you may be interested in the beta version of WOT ([url=http://beta.mywot.com/en/blog/441-the-new-wot-beta-is-now-released t=_self]announcement[/url]). You will likely be allowed to post only one comment on a scorecard; however you may select numerous categories as tags for your single comment, even a combination of favorable, adverse and neutral tags. Other users should have no difficulty fully understanding your mixed review, but some of them may encounter a quandary making a "thumbs-up" or "thumbs-down" comment vote for it.

Anyhow, you shouldn't need to post two comments with identical text but tagged with different categories as you have been doing recently.

clipboard33

Post by clipboard33 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:32 am

<quote user="notbuyingit">
\

@[url=http://www.mywot.com/en/user/4639826 t=_self]clipboard33[/url]
If you haven't already examined it, you may be interested in the beta version of WOT ([url=http://beta.mywot.com/en/blog/441-the-new-wot-beta-is-now-released t=_self]announcement[/url]). You will likely be allowed to post only one comment on a scorecard; however you may select numerous categories as tags for your single comment, even a combination of favorable, adverse and neutral tags. Other users should have no difficulty fully understanding your mixed review, but some of them may encounter a quandary making a "thumbs-up" or "thumbs-down" comment vote for it.

Anyhow, you shouldn't need to post two comments with identical text but tagged with different categories as you have been doing recently.
[/quote]

@NotBuyingIt
I am agreeable to whatever changes WOT admins think best, and will adapt.
Thank you for your input.

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:50 am

I think one of the issues Boonsiri has had is when the site owner leaves a reply to a comment. If the reviewer revises the original review, it won't make sense. (i believe it erases the thumbs-up count; I don't know what happens to a comment on a post that has been edited). The best solution to this is to allow replies to comments and replies to replies, to keep the chronologic order than might otherwise be shuffled around based on comment voting.