Bill Mullins Tech Thoughts...

RE: Bill Mullins Tech Thoughts...

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:56 am

Book marked it and rated green =

I had with a friend a Texas Instrument PC or close to it, we had fun messing around with it, so reading this gentleman's blog brought back, good memories -

c۞g

Post by c۞g » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:38 pm

this is the second time in the last two years that I’ve gone through this “suspended” scenario. Both times, it turns out, WordPress has encountered a system glitch

Some technologist ...
You'd think he'd know about purchasing a domain name and setting up his own blog on his own site; wouldn't have to worry about a ToS violation IF he wrote his own "ToS."

So who exactly is Bill Mullins?

Post by Guest » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:53 pm

http://www.mywot.com/it/user/4058

@ g7w, I know you mean something different:-)

c۞g

Post by c۞g » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:44 am

Inactive user...
He hasn't posted on the forum since June 2008, that's a bit before my time, and the post count is only 7?

Still, my comment remains. Why complain about free hosting "glitches" when one can easily and affordably host their own site now-a-days.

billmullins

Post by billmullins » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:08 am

@g7w,

The question should be - who the hell are you? Let me ask you this - have YOU been interviewed and spotlighted by WOT, as a strong supporter of the concept, and been featured in the Newsletter? Have YOU reviewed, or recommended WOT, several 100 times on your site? Have visitors to your site downloaded WOT in excess of 8,000 times.

If you knew anything about the history of WOT, (which you obviously don't), you'd be well aware of who I am. If you need an update speak directly to Deb Salmi - she'll fill in the blanks in your education. If you knew Esa Suurio (yes, I know, before you're time), he would have advised you to phrase your comment with some degree of decorum, and politeness.

As for self hosting - who are you to make a judgment on my choices? What would you know as to why I choose WordPress?

As for being a technologist - I was a technologist sonny boy, long before you were born. And, unlike you, I don't have to make bullshit comments to make a point. I let my Blog and 3 Million visitors in under 3 years, make my points for me.

Get rid of the chip on your shoulder - it makes you look like an uneducated fool. While you're at it learn some manners. You're lack of manners speaks volumes about you, and your personality.

The only positive I got from your comment is - I'm thankful you're NOT my neighbor.

Whoa . . . whoa . . . whoa

Post by Guest » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:13 am

@ billmullins and g7w,

I'm not taking sides in any dispute over who's pedigree is "better" (nor do I care who "started it" and I doubt that makes much difference anyway) or which rooster in the barnyard can crow the loudest, but this thread seems to be going south quick.

Before you guys lock horns any more than has already been done, might I make a civil suggestion: Carry any further discussion over to PM's.

You both deserve the high regard that many have, so rather than expose yourselves needlessly to each other's taunts and perhaps dilute that high regard for one or the other, and most probably both, wouldn't it make more sense to keep any conflict "private" for any further discussion between you two?

Seriously, I think you both have earned the respect of your followers, and I don't want to see that jeopardized by either.

Not proposing an olive branch or otherwise "peacemaking", but you must admit that this is going downhill FAST, and also that a public forum like this in not going to resolve anything and will probably only result in your followers becoming polarized (if they're not already) and pointless exchanges here.

I would also suggest that readers do not draw any conclusions from these exchanges . . . and before anyone does, I'd like to see this dispute go no further here in public.

As far as the "last word" here in public, I would also suggest readers do not draw any conclusions from that.

And I'm outta' here.

phantazm

RE: Whoa . . . whoa . . . whoa

Post by phantazm » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:39 pm

BobJam: "you must admit that this is going downhill FAST, and also that a public forum like this in not going to resolve anything and will probably only result in your followers becoming polarized (if they're not already) and pointless exchanges here."

I agree, agree completely. This thread started with an innocent question,
and then it suddenly mutated into a bad remake of "Clash of the Titans".

SInce Warxas started this thread, I suggest that he consider deleting it...