Community update - WOT is back on Firefox!

MyWOT-Team

Community update - WOT is back on Firefox!

Post by MyWOT-Team » Mon May 08, 2017 3:17 pm

Hi everyone,

We have some very exciting news for our Firefox users!

We’re happy to announce that the official WOT add-on is back in the Firefox add-on gallery: httpxx://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/wot-safe-browsing-tool/

After working closely with the team at Mozilla, we've released an updated and improved version of our Firefox add-on. The update includes several security and user-flow upgrades.

We appreciate your understanding and hope you enjoy the new version of WOT for Firefox.

Please feel free to send us your feedback/bug reports to support@mywot.com

Kind regards,
WOT Team

Kraftwerk

RE: Community update - WOT is back on Firefox!

Post by Kraftwerk » Mon May 08, 2017 7:26 pm

Good to read!

Satchman

Post by Satchman » Mon May 15, 2017 4:59 am

Thank you My WOT!

Good things come to those who wait! I was a little thrown off by the "Enable Real Time Protection" prompt and what it does. (It took a couple restarts of the browser to get it to work.) Users will need to turn this on for real time protection. in My WOT Settings. If you don't, you will need to hover over the icon to see if a sight is safe or not.

Any other news about this release?

Satch

Katagiri

Post by Katagiri » Wed May 17, 2017 12:36 am

Cool! I was waiting for that!

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Fri May 19, 2017 8:17 pm

In a blog I've made on my own site in January / February ( called "Famous addon compromized – Part 2"), I've explained the steps to continue working on FF with WOT.
And I stayed on FF all the time ( why not ? ).
I'm glad that isn't needed anymore.
Good news.

Citing Satch I was a little thrown off by the "Enable Real Time Protection" prompt and what it does. (It took a couple restarts of the browser to get it to work.) Users will need to turn this on for real time protection.
Echo that.........

mvanpelt

Post by mvanpelt » Tue May 30, 2017 5:58 pm

I was very happy to see MyWoT back on Firefox.

But in the time that MyWoT was not available on Firefox, I enabled "multiprocess". Firefox multiprocess is a huge win, much faster, much less likely for a web page to wedge all of Firefox. Web pages usually can only wedge their own process.

Alas, MyWoT is not compatible with multiprocess, so when MyWoT is installed, multiprocess is disabled. I have to choose -- MyWoT or multiprocess, can't have both.

Is making MyWoT compatible with multiprocess something that's in the works, or on the roadmap to do eventually? Multiprocess is such a huge win that I'm very reluctant to give it up; thus, I do not currently have MyWoT installed. (But I'd like to.)

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:52 pm

I just noticed your server now runs nginx. For a performance boost, look for the following line in your server configuration:
listen 443 ssl;
Change it to the following:
listen 443 ssl http2;

Use the "reload" command on nginx instead of the "restart" command, just in case your nginx was compiled without HTTP/2 support. If the configuration file works, you may see a performance improvement on the server.
Also, nginx 1.13.1 just came out, it is a slight upgrade to your current 1.13.0 that fixes a few bugs. It isn't a security update so it need not be an emergency update.

P.S. Just noticed this moments before rating lighttpd.net which was the previous web server for WOT.
P.P.S. I do not believe it will hurt anything to add "TLSv1.3" to the protocols in the configuration; this will prepare you for when OpenSSL 1.1.1 is released.

EDIT: Some subdomains for instance the CDN servers are still running on lighttpd.