firefox = better then ie

killerblox

firefox = better then ie

Post by killerblox » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:00 pm

Well Firefox has more security plus a ad blocker but with IE it does not have that much security anyone agree with me?

killerblox

RE: firefox = better then ie

Post by killerblox » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:02 pm

I mean IE may be great but it does not have as much security as FireFox.

i☆

Post by i☆ » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Yes, I would agree. And FireFox is so much more user-friendly too, and faster, ...

Elias4k

RE: firefox = better then ie - and Opera better than both!

Post by Elias4k » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:13 pm

Lately IE is improving but IMHO FF is still better and has a lot more useful extensions.
Both browsers are working hard on next generation, finally we are seeing some serious competition.
However I still prefer Opera as while it is a quite light and streamlined application it comes out of the box with integrated ad blocker, mail and a lot of stuff I would need to install separately on FF.

Post by Guest » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:13 pm

Well Firefox has more security plus a ad blocker

I do not want to spoil your party,
Firefox comes with no built in ad blocker, while you may add some third party extentions to block ads and prevent scripts to load.
You may add an adblocker to IE as well
ie: http://simple-adblock.com/

Internet Explorer 7 and 8 can be run into a protected mode ( see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb250462%28v=vs.85%29.aspx#upm_intro ), while IE 8 should be able to prevent Cross scripting attacks (see: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2009/01/27/ie8-security-part-vii-clickjacking-defenses.aspx )

Nevertheless I'm a Firefox user for a matter of habits, now;)

charrox

Post by charrox » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:09 pm

Chrome is the fastest for me. It creates separate processes for each tab you open and it let's the speed of the application go higher.

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Sat Mar 12, 2011 6:42 pm

I only use IE on sites I have to use for my job that don't function with any other browser.

BTW, the organizations with the greatest amount of private data on you are the most likely to insist that everyone who must interact with their websites use IE and to insist that what safety features IE has be disabled. And their websites often aren't even compatible with the most recent IE release. :(

MysteryFCM

Post by MysteryFCM » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:00 pm

FF better than IE? Absolute twoddle, plain and simple.

giedrius

Post by giedrius » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:27 pm

Both IE and Firefox have enough security holes and are targeted by malware distributors. I personally prefer google chrome due to their sandboxing (and using separate process for each TAB), though I use Firefox for couple reasons as well. Opera is relatively safe as well, especially due to small market share in western countries.

Satchman

Post by Satchman » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:31 pm

I recommended Firefox for 5 years. Everything from 2.0-3.0 was great! Little problems with Flash, Java Script, Slow-loading, began around all builds after 3.0. I would get problems with Flash and Java on my Windows XP machine more frequent over time with Firefox, despite keeping up with updates, Virus Scans (that always came out clean) and I would try to only use IE 8 as a last resort.

When I went to a site in I think it was Firefox 3.6 about six months ago, there was a problem with Java Script/Flash. It destroyed my computer to the point where it was not recoverable, Everything was slow beyond comprehension and I had to reinstall Windows. After the Windows reinstall I figure, well, I will just get a fresh download of Firefox 3.6 because the machine ran like a champ.

Installed Firefox 3.6 on a FRESH install of Windows from Mozilla's site. Crash and burn immediately during Firefox's installation! Favorites being transfered froze the freshly installed machine, and I got the same Java Script error from a clean system. I had no choice but to uninstall Firefox, this time for good, and my machine speeded up just great!

Maybe it's because I still have Windows XP (SP-3) I don't know. Firefox might work better on Vista or Windows 7. I can only speak of my experiences that were great from about 2.0-3.0, and got a little bit worse over time, culminating with my Hindenburg disaster of 3.6 about six months ago.

I have heard that the newer versions are very bloated and I had no choice but to go back to IE 8. I have had no issues with viruses or spyware, and it works great for me. Very fast, very functional. Early versions of Firefox used to be awesome, but not anymore, at least from my own personal experiences. It might be something with Flash/Java Script in these later versions, but I can no longer recommend Firefox.

Satch

PS. I heard from several computer people that that later versions of Firefox eat your RAM and CPU.