Guidelines refreshed

destinationtruth

RE: Guidelines refreshed

Post by destinationtruth » Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:05 pm

Re:
Comments should be descriptive and give at least one reason. “Good site” is not a good comment.

It may not be, yet it's more of an effort then rating without a comment. Yet that is considered acceptable.
Still think comments should be mandatory. . . might call this being more transparent.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:01 am

[cite]It may not be, yet it's more of an effort then rating without a comment[/cite]
I fully agree, which is ironic since in the last month or so, I decided not to leave any comments, for a good reason!
Hopefully in a few weeks, I will be leaving comments as I always did, now having said this, I agree because, among transparency, there is also the issue of trust, if I go to a site and I see who made the comments, I could make a better decision as to visit or not the site
I trust the majority of the members, but not all the members, I may even disagree with some of the members, but when it comes to their ability to rate a site, I trust them, regardless of our differences
As for making it mandatory that, will be a different story.............
Personally, I don't care either way, except for these two months, but I think that, it could start a revolution, but going back to your point, I agree that a "good site" is better than a ghost rating I hope that, I made sense since I am falling asleep
BTW =
I hope that MysteryFCM is Ok as I have not seen him in a while and he works too much

spectre

Post by spectre » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:18 am

<quote user="destinationtruth">
Re:
Comments should be descriptive and give at least one reason. “Good site” is not a good comment.

[/quote] It isn't possible to leave a scorecard comment with less than 30 characters, so I think they are referring to forum comments. Members often post one word replies such as 'up' , 'good site', 'rated' etc.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:07 am

[cite]so I think they are referring to forum comments. Members often post one word replies such as 'up' , 'good site', 'rated' etc.[/cite]
Ok, this will make more sense, I guess ...........
But Shazza, imagine a "conversation" on a thread that at the end, a member makes a final analyses with a "rated"
Would that be accepted or should the member repeat the whole process , before she or he decides to leave a one word comment
Sorry for such a dumb question, but now I am more confused :(
edit =

spectre

Post by spectre » Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:16 am

IMO members should explain why they have rated (if they need to say they have rated) - imagine a thread where every post just has the word 'rated' with no explanation at all.

Post by Guest » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:07 pm

<quote user="shazza">
IMO members should explain why they have rated (if they need to say they have rated) - imagine a thread where every post just has the word 'rated' with no explanation at all.
[/quote]

You are right!

spectre

Post by spectre » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:18 pm

Apparently some of the guidelines were not updated for Russian speakers.
Eg: "Best practices for commenting

Scorecard comments are not a place to share general opinions about a topic, and should be strictly about your own experience with the website.
Do not post links to competitors or similar websites in your comment.
Keep your comments brief and to the point.
Try not to recycle the same comments for multiple websites, as each should describe the commented site as well as possible"

destinationtruth

Post by destinationtruth » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:12 pm

<quote user="shazza">
It isn't possible to leave a scorecard comment with less than 30 characters, so I think they are referring to forum comments. Members often post one word replies such as 'up' , 'good site', 'rated' etc.
[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification, and would have realized what they meant if I would have pondered just a little longer.
I still believe all ratings should have a comment, and agree writing just "rated" or any short comment on a evaluation request is pointless.

destinationtruth

Post by destinationtruth » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:53 pm

<quote user="destinationtruth">
Thanks for the clarification, and would have realized what they meant if I would have pondered just a little longer.
I still believe all ratings should have a comment, and agree writing just "rated" or any short comment on a evaluation request is pointless.
[/quote]

Today I broke one of my own golden rules about always leaving a comment. . . and understand why some don't.

After a site owner changed his reply to my comment (sometimes several times a day.) every day it became nothing more then a way for them to spam my board with notifications of a new comment. . . not new. . . just spam.

c۞g

Post by c۞g » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:51 pm

<quote user="destinationtruth"> about always leaving a comment.[/quote]

Folks who trust a site should be able to simply click the icon, leave a rating in the pop-up window and continue with their browsing, so no comment should be "forced" since they must select a rating category to add.

However, people who like to leave comments on scorecard should be required to rate the site; this reduces babel/spam.
There should not be a "I haven't rated" graphic next to any comment, if a user feels strongly enough to take a moment to comment, they should take a moment and rate.