HELP ME

wehaveitall

HELP ME

Post by wehaveitall » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:46 pm

Ok, my momdoesnt have wot on her comptuer, and uses internet explroer, and thinks shes perfectly safe. Now shes gotten a terrible virus mixed with spyware and her emails are dissapearing, her computer is slowing down, she cant turn off her computer when she clicks turn off etc. Ig ot wot and adaware and all sorts of protection stuff on her comp, however, she said she needed to use my computer to do some of her work. I decided to let her becuz otherwise shed get amd and demand she sue her own instead, and im not gonna let her whole comp get destroyed. So i changed wots preferences in my comp to sdeny access to a site thats dangerous, so if she does go to a dangerous site, it wont let her proceed. A few minutes later, she close the browser and starts cussing and saying you better not put that stupid LOADING REPUTATIONS crap on my computer, becuz its not letting me access clickability.com! So i had her show me the link, and so i searched it on google, and iots dangerous, (no duh!) And now i think i might have a vvirus... I thought access blocked doesnt elt the website access your computer... does it?

Sami

re:HELP ME

Post by Sami » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:01 am

When you set WOT to block access to dangerous sites, it stops Firefox from loading the website. Especially since you didn't install any software from the website, I'd say it's very unlikely your computer was infected.

Of course, it wouldn't hurt to run AdAware or some of the free online virus scanners if you are worried. For example:

http://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtml

http://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/ ... ctivescan/

Jared Gray

Ive Been There....

Post by Jared Gray » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:18 pm

I use a ton of free stuff.. (Spybot S&D) \ (Clamwin Free Antivirus) \ Mcaffee Stinger Standalone A\V for a pesky virus that came from school this year... Side note for also taking out a ton of crap I have HostsMan and also use Opendns (www.opendns.com)