Agree....

Blueberrycake Level Member of the WOT Community

TheAnon

Correct

Post by TheAnon » Thu Jan 21, 2010 3:26 pm

Individualism Win

My. 4 Be able to delete a rate of the four rates

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:32 pm

Here again. Sometimes I rated a site badly, then I had to go my page to delete my rate.

For example, I rated the site www.elcorteingles.es ten days ago. Nowadays, I'm completely sure about the site dosen't have any information against childs but I'm not sure if it's a good shop and I have serious doubts about its reliability. Now I want to delete my "Vendor reliabilty" rate. I can`t do it, so I have to go my page and delte my rate of the site. Then I return to the site and rate "Child safety" rate.

It would be a good improvement to be able to delete a particular/specific rate of the four rates (Trustworthiness, Vendor, Privacy and Child safety).

Thanks.

Sami

Re: My. 4 Be able to delete a rate of the four rates

Post by Sami » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:40 pm

Sometimes I rated a site badly, then I had to go my page to delete my rate

You can also delete your rating on the site's scorecard and save a trip to the My ratings page.

chazsm

I think

Post by chazsm » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:25 am

Reliability is taken into account too. So the amount of men you see next to each rating is not simply how many people have rated, but the total reliability of those people combined on a scale of 0-5.

Yes

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:02 am

chazsm is correct.

From [url=http://www.mywot.com/en/support/faq t=_self]here[/url] (scroll about 1/3 down):
  1. "How reliable are the ratings?"

The reliability of the reputations improves as the system gathers more supporting evidence in the form of users’ ratings and information from trusted sources. The rating window shows an icon composed of tiny human figures (my emphasis) indicating the amount of supporting evidence: one figure represents the smallest amount of confidence, five the greatest. A minimum confidence level means that we have only a little evidence and we encourage you to give your rating to improve the reliability.
Additionally, there is Sami's Wiki FAQ entry linked to in the post below, so I think we've pretty much beat this thing to death . . . and the OP's question about "suggestions" too.

But it's faster if you can

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:01 pm

But it's faster if you can do it in the WOT window than doing at My ratings page.

TheAnon

Its fast enough..

Post by TheAnon » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:29 pm

..I guess if you can edit via scorecard.

BKowalski

Some initial thoughts

Post by BKowalski » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:16 pm

Since individuals are rating sites based on their own subjective idea as to what makes a site 'good' or 'bad' then the system is flawed from the outset. You should just set fixed parameters ie contains malware yes/no or contains adult content yes/no that allow people to determine whether they should go to the site or not.

Rating sites on a sliding scale on things such as 'informative' is doomed since what person (A) regards as uniformative may for person (B) contain information that for them is informative. In essence what you are doing is providing an online censorship service.

Rating sites on outdated/ inaccurate information is also counter productive as people will learn to discount what WoT says about a site - as evidenced by my own experience :)

Bob

Kraftwerk

Everyone has his own

Post by Kraftwerk » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:28 pm

Everyone has his own experience. and based upon this he should rate a site. And, by the way, i think it works. Most of the sites are rated as i would rate them.

Blueberrycake Level Member of the WOT Community