How to spread the word about WOT?

YoKenny

I did my bit on CCleaner

Post by YoKenny » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:08 pm

I did my bit on CCleaner forum:
http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=17701

how to spread the word about wot.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:32 pm

if wot created a downloadable printed information leaflet about who we are and what we stand for.perhaps some of us with printers could download said leaflets and post them to local schools and universities on your behalf.in the hope the head teachers of such establishments could then inform there pupils of your product.after all we are in the child protection business.

Deborah S.

Great idea

Post by Deborah S. » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:34 pm

That's a great idea. Travel sites often have a downloadable brochure, so why not WOT? I'll definitely work something up along those lines. Thanks cod head.

Deborah S.

Thanks YoKenny. I see that

Post by Deborah S. » Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:38 pm

Thanks YoKenny. I see that there has been an ongoing conversation about it over there. And even when it's not all positive, if the person explains what it is they are not happy with, it can help us make WOT better.

Other PC's

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:35 am

For those of us working on the PC's of others . . . I do as a hobby and not professionally, but I know there are shop owners and retail consultants here . . . we can certainly introduce WOT to the users. I did so recently, and the guy liked it.

I'm not suggesting we try to "force" it on others, but rather show it to them and show them how it works. Most people, at least in my experience, and especially novices, react favorably. The guy that I recently showed it to basically said "Wow", and wanted to learn more and have me install it on his system.

BTW, good idea cod head. You seem to have become a true believer since the days of questioning the virtues of donations . . . glad you saw the "light" . . . my compliments on your willingness to listen.

And YoKenny has a good idea too. For those of us that participate on a lot of other forums . . .I do . . . we can spread the word there (and I have). And I'm sure others do too, like YoKenny has.

wehaveitall

Brochure ummm

Post by wehaveitall » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:06 pm

Well, I've actually already started working on a brochure using Microsoft publisher to add on my WOT fan page. I haven't been working on it much recently since it's not on my radar screen, but I think I can finish it if I continue working However, you are probably doing something through pdf which would be accessible to more people

WOT ROCKS!

wehaveitall

WOT gift shop

Post by wehaveitall » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:08 pm

One more thing:
I've mentioned this once already but I'll mention it one more time. Firefox makes money and helps get advertised by selling hats, t-shirts, stickers, etc all with Firefox printed on them. Perhaps WOT can do something like this as well.

WOT ROCKS!

Deborah S.

How to spread the word about WOT?

Post by Deborah S. » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:14 pm

People genuinely understand the value of WOT and realize that the more users we have contributing the better quality the ratings will be.

How do we attract new users? What groups do you think should be targeted? How do we spread the word?

YoKenny

WOT gift shop

Post by YoKenny » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:19 pm

As an avid user of WinPatrol I follow its developments and promotions and the latest is a wrist Flash card with its mascot Scotty emblazoned on it that comes with the latest WinPatrol portable so why not make a similar WoT Flash card with the WoT globe and the Web site on it?
http://billpstudios.blogspot.com/2008/11/10-coupon-on-1-gb-winpatrol-flash.html

Echo!

Post by Guest » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:45 pm

Echo!