I may have to leave WOT

I may have to leave WOT

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:39 pm

Hi =
Six years ago, I came to WOT and I have given the best I can, to help others use the net, I learned a great deal in the process and have gotten to know great people

Today, I may have to leave the community that I got to love because of an individual that instead of helping WOT from getting spam, decided to use the authority as a moderator to go beyond intimidation and abuse
Today he went beyond that, he made public my private posts and that is dangerous, it concerns me more for my family than myself

I have been outspoken, wrong, right, but never dishonest or disloyal

The reason, I decided to post this, is because when another member left, many asked as to why he did not give an explanation or at least say good -bye

Is being an honor to work next to all of you and I will greatly miss you
I still believe that WOT is the best
Take care and thank you

RE: I may have to leave WOT

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:42 am

Private messages cannot be made public by moderator. It is bug. When I started actively use WOT this summer, noticed it started on august or september when some of my private messages have been suddenly sent as public despite 'private' box was marked. It still happens to me at this time too.

Please do not leave our community, I believe all will be ok!
RoboCat!

A440

Post by A440 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:24 am

Nowadays, so many odd things happen and seem amiss.
I would wait just a bit for this to get sorted out, at a higher level.

A440

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:25 am

<quote user="robocat">
Private messages cannot be made public by moderator. It is bug.
[/quote]
No bug was involved. Neither I nor any of the other moderators have seen any of the OP's private data.

The staff seems to think that the referenced "private posts" aren't PM's ("private messages" posted on users' boards) but are the categories selected for each ("posted") scorecard comment. When you are logged in, you may browser any user's profile to read all of the scorecard comments which he or she has posted. (Feel free to view mine. You may also view those of the WOT founders Timo and Sami.) For most of the time since the categories were introduced until very recently, depending upon which version of the WOT scorecard display, the selected categories have been displayed within the comments upon scorecards. However, the categories still appear under the profiles' "My scorecard comments" tab. In the future, the selected categories may once again be displayed upon scorecards.

procyon

Post by procyon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:34 pm

Moderators can't see private messages from other members, this would be a huge privacy issue and if it was the case, I would have left the moderation and stop writing private messages.

@Super Hero! Believe me, this is impossible.

I was told about a bug where private messages, were sometimes displayed publicly in the board, like if the private checkbox was unchecked. I personally never encountered this bug, but it happens that members who wrote to me, had their messages visible from all on my board. As I was not at the origin of the message, I can't overturn it was a bug or the checkbox was unchecked.

Of course, I'm not judging any thing which was said here. I just bring my own experience as a member and also as a moderator.

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:50 pm

<quote user="robocat">
Private messages cannot be made public by moderator. It is bug. When I started actively use WOT this summer, noticed it started on august or september when some of my private messages have been suddenly sent as public despite 'private' box was marked. It still happens to me at this time too.

Please do not leave our community, I believe all will be ok!
RoboCat!
[/quote]

Thank you, for your kind words and welcome to WOT

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:59 pm

<quote user="a440">
Nowadays, so many odd things happen and seem amiss.
I would wait just a bit for this to get sorted out, at a higher level.

A440
[/quote]

Thanks, for the feedback and I will take your advice

Post by Guest » Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:19 pm

<quote user="procyon">
Moderators can't see private messages from other members, this would be a huge privacy issue and if it was the case, I would have left the moderation and stop writing private messages.

@Super Hero! Believe me, this is impossible.

I was told about a bug where private messages, were sometimes displayed publicly in the board, like if the private checkbox was unchecked. I personally never encountered this bug, but it happens that members who wrote to me, had their messages visible from all on my board. As I was not at the origin of the message, I can't overturn it was a bug or the checkbox was unchecked.

Of course, I'm not judging any thing which was said here. I just bring my own experience as a member and also as a moderator.
[/quote]
I keep on getting posts on my boards
"You post has been hidden. It duplicates previously posted information. You are not permitted to troll in the forums.
Beyond that, you are not permitted to post a pack of lies to harass a community member."
So this member harrass me and create the lies, but I cannot respond?

Ivan Blue

Post by Ivan Blue » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:15 pm

Thank you for your positive contribution!