Immunet Free Cloud-AV

Nulander

Immunet Free Cloud-AV

Сообщение Nulander » Пн июн 14, 2010 9:22 pm

What do you think about Immunet Cloud-Free AV?

The Wikipedia article claims that it can be used as an alternative security solution other than Antivirus and, probably, AntiSpyware, placing it as a "Generic Anti-Malware System".

Other than the usual consideration about "In-The-Cloud" security solutions, who have tried it have something more to say about?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immunet

http://www.immunet.com/user/new

Jazspeak

Re: Immunet Antimalware

Сообщение Jazspeak » Пн июн 14, 2010 11:11 pm

Having downloaded the install software (from C-Net) I am concerned to read in the EULA that it is only a beta software, and the relevant section of the EULA states:

"2.1 The beta software licensed hereunder is believed to contain defects..."

Unless anyone actually wants to install defective software for testing purposes it is probably best to give this one a miss.

Nulander

Yeah, but about the concept?

Сообщение Nulander » Пн июн 14, 2010 11:46 pm

Yeah, but about the concept? They have forked their software with ClamAV and the press group stated that they're working even to integrate the "In-The-Cloud" engine even on *nix version of the software.
I would really know what it is capable to catch and how it can be considered, on its function (as a Full-Fledged FreeAV or a supporting security tool with chaotic identification etc.).
-----
MF IT-UESC - Protecting your Digital Experience. Now.

Jazspeak

Re: "what it is capable to catch"

Сообщение Jazspeak » Вт июн 15, 2010 12:04 am

I guess that we won't know that until somebody tries it. Personally, I am not going to risk using defective software until I have the time and energy to deal with the consequences of infection and/or system failure (and since I have only very recently wiped and reinstalled my system drives, I don't feel like doing it again so soon).

The concept is interesting, although I am not a fan of cloud-based technologies, which is why I won't be using the recently released in-the-cloud version of MS Office any time soon, either.

Nulander

> I guess that we won't know

Сообщение Nulander » Вт июн 15, 2010 1:01 am

> I guess that we won't know that until somebody tries it. Personally, I am not going to risk using defective software until I have
> the time and energy to deal with the consequences of infection and/or system failure (and since I have only very recently wiped
> and reinstalled my system drives, I don't feel like doing it again so soon).

I would like doing so, but I don't have any decent hardware available at the moment.

About "In-The-Cloud" solutions, there's issues (is not as perfect as the companies preach around), but consider that it's an opportunity to handle a simple cloud sec-tool and to think about its potential. For curiosity just to say.

-----

I have it installed on my

Сообщение Guest » Вт июн 15, 2010 10:05 pm

I have it installed on my system here. I was intrigued with the methods employed and the prospect of cloud protection. It is a second line defence as I have trusted security doing the main job but, as it does not conflict with this, it was worth trying out. I can't report on how well it performs as I have not been the victim of malware/virus's for a long time now. Guess this is down to my persistance in keeping my system free of infections etc. I have not had any issues with Immunet and it runs fine. When I do any scanning, I use this tool too to see if it reports anything but nothing as of yet.

www.issviews.com for views and news of the starte of digital security. Add your comments/.feedback on your existing security software to help others choose what's right for them and what isn't. Read up on the latest rogue software and threats too.

z2665

Do not like clouds

Сообщение z2665 » Ср июн 16, 2010 3:43 am

If our computer is not connected to the Internet. Then lost a role in cloud.

Nulander

This is the reason why the

Сообщение Nulander » Ср июн 16, 2010 1:26 pm

This is the reason why the dude of ClamAV integrated Immunet on their AV software. The problem still remain the same, how Immunet understand if a malware is dangerous? Heuristics?
-----

Jazspeak

Re: "how Immunet understand if a malware is dangerous?"

Сообщение Jazspeak » Ср июн 16, 2010 1:45 pm

As I understand it, users sign in to a virtual network (or create one) and the virus signature files are updated by way of file-sharing amongst users in that virtual network. So when one member of the virtual network comes across malware then that member's signature file is amended to include the malware, and then the signature file is file-shared to update the other members' signature files.

Nulander

Ok, but who identify the

Сообщение Nulander » Ср июн 16, 2010 5:45 pm

Ok, but who identify the malware, creating the signatures that are subsequently "viral" spread over the network?

They go of trial and error attempts grounding them on some sort of few-FPs proactive techniques?

-----

Ответить