Jumio.com – A Potentially Very Serious Privacy Issue

A440

RE: Jumio.com – A Potentially Very Serious Privacy Issue

Post by A440 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:57 am

Again, this is illustrates why airbnb should not be trusted until their ID verification is made more safe for the customer, who stands to lose a lot:

airbnbhell.com/airbnb-put-identification-verification-hell/

spectre

Airbnb account hijackers burgle homes

Post by spectre » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:25 am

Airbnb is improving the security of its app and website after a BBC investigation found people’s homes had been burgled by scammers using stolen accounts.

The BBC spoke to three people who were robbed after they advertised their properties on the accommodation-booking service.

The scammers hijacked accounts with verified badges and changed some of personal details to pull off the thefts.

Airbnb said it had already been working on the changes – which include sending text warnings if profiles are altered – when the crimes were brought to its attention.

"Unfortunately there have been some incidents where hosts and guests have suffered," said Nate Blecharczyk, co-founder of Airbnb.

"This is not acceptable to us, therefore we’re working around the clock to do everything we can to improve our detection and prevention methods."

Source - hxxp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39589241

AlfredFalls

RE: Airbnb account hijackers burgle homes

Post by AlfredFalls » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:51 am

<quote user="shazza">

Airbnb is improving the security of its app and website after a BBC investigation found people’s homes had been burgled by scammers using stolen accounts.

The BBC spoke to three people who were robbed after they advertised their properties on the accommodation-booking service.

The scammers hijacked accounts with verified badges and changed some of personal details to pull off the thefts.

Airbnb said it had already been working on the changes – which include sending text warnings if profiles are altered – when the crimes were brought to its attention.

"Unfortunately there have been some incidents where hosts and guests have suffered," said Nate Blecharczyk, co-founder of Airbnb.

"This is not acceptable to us, therefore we’re working around the clock to do everything we can to improve our detection and prevention methods."

Source - hxxp://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39589241
[/quote]

It's incredible how things can be used that make our life more comfortable.

A440

Post by A440 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:29 am

I keep finding examples of how hackable Airbnb is and why I do not trust them due to their unwarranted request for sensitive credit and personal information, just so as to use their services:
airhostsforum.com/t/third-party-hacked-accout/14540

A440

Post by A440 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:08 am

Airbnb is now spamming me, months after having canceled my account, sending me a form letter that supposedly is a reply to my original inquiry regarding their requirement that I sign off on their discrimination policies.

They are using createsend.com and campaignmonitor.com to send out spam too.