NEW! Fake anti-malware video

Deborah S.

NEW! Fake anti-malware video

Post by Deborah S. » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:54 pm

The WOT studio has been busy creating a new video for our Internet Threats video series. This one shows what happens when a clean install of Windows Vista Ultimate gets a "free scan" by a bogus anti-malware product.

Please take 3 minutes out of your day and watch it. We'd like to hear what you think, and to get suggestions for the next WOT video.

Watch the fake anti-malware video now.

Security_Wiz

Good Video

Post by Security_Wiz » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:46 pm

Great video. The PC Doc Pro one wasn't really my favorite, but this one was definitely improved and good.

In you next video, could you talk about Macsweeper, it's clone iMunizator, or the rogue DNSChanger?

petterson29

It is completly misunderstanding

Post by petterson29 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:37 pm

PC doc pro is not a fake software. It's working quite gud. I am using from a long time and my lot of friends also. on which topic you are taking about that's not fake because you can check this problem with so many of brand name and other software you can say that's not a brand on that level it's quite gud and enough gud.

Deborah S.

Another fake antivirus

Post by Deborah S. » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:21 pm

Panda Security twittered about a new fake antivirus product, AntivirusPro 2009, making the rounds. See a screenshot here.

"AntivirusPro 2009 is a malicious code that passes itself off as a trial anti-malware solution. Once installed on the computer, it makes users believe their computer is infected to make them purchase the full, pay version of the fake antivirus. This way, cyber-crooks gain financial benefits from their infections."

Post deleted?

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:01 am

Was there a post by "Mr. Perfect" deleted here?? Not trying to make anything of it . .. just curious because I meant to respond to the person yesterday, didn't get a chance and marked this thread with the FF add on "Dog Ears" .

This "Mr. Perfect" person seems to be intent on claiming that PCDocPro is not fraudulent.

Sami

Re: Perfect

Post by Sami » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:47 am

Yes, there was. Unfortunately, this isn't the place for wacky conspiracy theories. Mr. Perfect can discuss Microsoft, Sony Ericsson, the financial crisis, and of course, the US government's involvement in all of this somewhere else.