No more "confidence indicators" on scorecards?

Armored

No more "confidence indicators" on scorecards?

Post by Armored » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:01 am

Something Iv'e been wanting to mention for a while.
The only place the confidence indicators seem to be available is in the pop-up box we see when we visit a website and click on the mywot icon in the browser. I just can't find them anymore on scorecards. Can somebody please direct me to them if I'm suffering from blindness and somehow missing them?

IF they have been removed from scorecards please bring them back because I don't necessarily want to visit every website to find out the confidence rating.

If somebody is going to argue that confidence indicators are not important because we often have sites that have high confidence indicators because they are popular not because they are safe....please spare me that argument. If we are going to have that kind of reasoning we might as well not use WOT at all. Ratings should never be taken as Gospel regardless. Confidence indicators have always been an important piece of extra information nothing more nothing less.

Anyway, hopefully they are still there and I'm just struggling to find them:)
BTW I did see the poll asking peoples opinions about confidence indicators I noticed the vast majority agree that they are important.

destinationtruth

RE: No more "confidence indicators" on scorecards?

Post by destinationtruth » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:41 pm

Hi dear one! Have missed you being around.
My glasses have seemed to fail me too. . . they are gone. (or I'm missing something)
I do concur completely with your comment.

Don't be a stranger OK.
Heidi

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:06 am

If you want to avoid visiting the site in question to view the confidence, search Google for the domain then hover your mouse over the WOT rating of a matching domain.

Armored

Post by Armored » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:59 am

<quote user="bfeely">
If you want to avoid visiting the site in question to view the confidence, search Google for the domain then hover your mouse over the WOT rating of a matching domain.
[/quote]
Thanks BFeely, that work around does work but it's a tad to tedious for me and is not a real solution for what I want. Another reason I mentioned this (I should have mentioned in the op) is because of the convenience involved. The scorecard used to be a very convenient page we can visit that shows us a broad range of available WOT information on the one page now we need to visit multiple pages to view the same info. eg. Comments, ratings & confidence can no longer be viewed together.

Considering we did have that option for many years I wonder what the logic was for removing it. Who knows maybe Admin has an important reason, I would love to know what it is! otherwise bring the damn thing back :P

Armored

Post by Armored » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:09 am

<quote user="destinationtruth">
Hi dear one! Have missed you being around.....

Don't be a stranger OK.
Heidi
[/quote] Iv'e missed you too Heidi. Your making me feel nostalgic! I still lurk/stalk from time to time, making sure your behaving:)
I do concur completely with your comment
Yay!
Tim

dj-newcomer

Post by dj-newcomer » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:03 pm

Hey Amored,
did you suggest it to WOT? Maybe they dont think about it or forgotten to implementating(?)
btw did you know (i see you are long enough here hehe ^^) how many people are behind WOT?

Armored

Post by Armored » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:09 am

<quote user="dj-newcomer">
did you suggest it to WOT?
[/quote] That's what I'm doing with this thread:)
<quote user="dj-newcomer">
btw did you know (i see you are long enough here hehe ^^) how many people are behind WOT?
[/quote] [url=https://www.mywot.com/en/user/4 t=_self] Sami[/url] &[url=https://www.mywot.com/en/user/5 t=_self] Timo[/url] were the original founders of WOT back in 2006. But they are both no longer associated with WOT. Others have come and gone... At present I don't know who and how many are on the board of directors. So in reality I really don't know WOT is going on..

Superman™

Post by Superman™ » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:05 am

The current scorecards are not very intuitive, and yes they definitely need to have the confidence indicators included. Not everybody has X-Ray vision like me.

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:54 am

<quote user="superman™">
The current scorecards are not very intuitive, and yes they definitely need to have the confidence indicators included.
[/quote]

We hear your request and are planning on returning the confidence level to the scorecard.

Armored

Post by Armored » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:57 am

<quote user="mywot team">
We hear your request and are planning on returning the confidence level to the scorecard.
[/quote] You mean my request right?:) Glad to hear your returning that valuable piece of information. Curious as to why it was removed in the first place. Regardless it will be very much appreciated when returned, thanks.