Online Cheating Site AshleyMadison Hacked

hotdoge3

Post by hotdoge3 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:27 am

htxxtp://krebsonsecurity.com/2015/07/online-cheating-site-ashleymadison-hacked/

Large caches of data stolen from online cheating site AshleyMadison.com have been posted online by an individual or group

that claims to have completely compromised the company’s user databases, financial records and other proprietary

information. The still-unfolding leak could be quite damaging to some 37 million users of the hookup service, whose slogan
is “Life is short. Have an affair.”

htxxtp://arstechnica.com/business/2014/08/cheaters-hook-up-site-ashley-madison-makes-account-deletion-confusing/

Do you really need to pay $20 to delete your Ashley Madison profile?

RE: Online Cheating Site AshleyMadison Hacked

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:34 am

whose slogan

Amazing, and 37 million users :/
Well expect an increase of crying and begging in the next few weeks and a good year for divorce lawyers
Thanks for the read

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:15 pm

<quote user="super hero!">
whose slogan

Amazing, and 37 million users :/
Well expect an increase of crying and begging in the next few weeks and a good year for divorce lawyers
Thanks for the read
[/quote]

They stole financial information too.

liquid_dragon

Post by liquid_dragon » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:27 pm

This just proves the point of don't do something you wouldn't want printed on the front page of the local paper. I completely disagree with the criminal hacking of their systems but people need to start realizing that you really do not have privacy on-line. Whether from accidental leaks, hackers, or government surveillance our lives are quickly becoming open books.

A440

Post by A440 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:35 pm

I am *so* chuckling in this case because I know they are scam artists.
They can forget about raising the 200 million quid for the company.

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:29 pm

It was in the news here and they said it's a deed of revenge of an activist hackers group, called The Impact Team.
Internet and privacy......it remains a difficult combination.

Post by Guest » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:34 pm

This just proves the point of don't do something you wouldn't want printed on the front page of the local paper. I completely disagree with the criminal hacking of their systems but people need to start realizing that you really do not have privacy on-line
Well said

To believe that somehow you can cloak your activities on the net is, but a myth

As you, I do not condone any hacker, but my God ........ these individuals were naive at best :/
They stole financial information too.
That will be the next move, as they will "go" greedy with this information and most of these customers, will probably have joint bank accounts and they must be terrified ......... do not get me wrong, my opinion is that, is much better not to get married or get a divorce before betraying the one that, once you loved

That is just my opinion

But I feel that, we should challenge ourselves to come out with a system close to the mythical privacy on the net

Let me give you an example, out the page from BBC news I am getting up to 9 trackers ....... all in opt out format, which is nothing compared to my local news site that gets up to twice that amount

We need more protection from websites that abuse personal data for mining, and violate the safe harbor accords and it should be by opt in

When I buy a newspaper, I get rid of the advertisement and I do not expect any trackers, we should have that security online, if we wanted to because I am noticing this constant abuse, spilling over to the real world, in which before you even start a transaction, they ask you for a telephone number :/

My reply is always the same .......... 555/ 555.5555 and if they push for an email, I answer with donotspamme@yahoo.[com] and with a very straight face as I am tired of asking the reason for this, if I am paying in cash

I wonder if there is an X price, for whoever comes with a secured privacy policy system

Well I am finished with my two cents worth of opinion

Thank you

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:20 am

Well said[/quote]

Echo that

But I feel that, we should challenge ourselves to come out with a system close to the mythical privacy on the net

Let me give you an example, out the page from BBC news I am getting up to 9 trackers ....... all in opt out format, which is nothing compared to my local news site that gets up to twice that amount

We need more protection from websites that abuse personal data for mining, and violate the safe harbor accords and it should be by opt in

When I buy a newspaper, I get rid of the advertisement and I do not expect any trackers, we should have that security online.
[/quote]

A solution that helps a lot : Ghostery ( and NoScript, but that one only on Firefox ).
But Ghostery also has it's side effects / disadvantages.
You can read more about that on the newsblog of my site.
It happened that I've written about the subject on July 3, just scroll down a bit to the third subject.

Oh and ehhhh.... btw : You can adjust Firefox also that you don't wanna be followed. I did and get reports in a top banner that FF has blocked trackers. Just an idea.

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:31 am

@Dutch Mountain =
Hello
I had the same problem with one bank account I own and what I do is pause it, before I log in ............... the strange thing is that is the only bank site I have this particular problem with , I do not white list any site in Ghostery
For me it works :-)
Is a good tool , but not the only one
You can read more about that on the newsblog of my site
I did and I went as far as to re read previous articles, sometimes a good article demands another reading

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:40 am

@Dutch Mountain =
Hello
I had the same problem with one bank account I own and what I do is pause it, before I log in ............... the strange thing is that is the only bank site I have this particular problem with [/quote]
It depends how the site was build and what precautions a webdesigner / programmer has used ( or not used ).

You can read more about that on the newsblog of my site
I did and I went as far as to re read previous articles, sometimes a good article demands another reading
[/quote]
Thanks for the compliment mate