Opera add on

statetats

Opera add on

Post by statetats » Sat Sep 26, 2015 3:06 pm

AMD64 P1300 4GB RAM , Opera12.17 (User Agent: Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64)
I may have accidentally removed my add-on. anyway, it,s gone. Was working fine.
when I try to install on opera add-ons site I m told I need Opera 31+ ( Chrome based) . If I try WOT site -"System requirements
Operating system Mac OS X Windows (XP or later) Linux
Browser Opera 12 or later" i redirects to WOT download. Get it anyway tries to save an.nex Opera Next (ie Chrome based) file. AFAIR I got add on from WOT site, now no luck. Any help?

Apollo702

RE: Opera add on

Post by Apollo702 » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:54 am

[green] I only keep Oprah on one computer for backup/testing/comparison purposes and I wont go beyond the 12 series. There may be a few ways of forcing her on there anyways- but they come with some risks though: [/green]

Grab a user agent changer and pose as a different version. You could do it manually- but it IDK what your level of technical skills are. If you screw that up you might end up doing things like launching the careers of folks like Dr. Phil and Dr. Oz. and it could be very difficult to undo. Whether you want to take that risk is up to you.

Update the browser to the newer version. Then get what you want and then roll it back and keep your goodies. The risk with this approach is some of your female producers may allegedly begin to harass lower level male employees.

If it is possible to get the XPI(setup) file you could open it with a zipping program(I recommend PeaZip) and get in there and change the minimum version number. Save and rename the file from .zip to .xpi and you just wiped out the version stupidity. Then you install your modified file and go along your merry way. The only risk to this approach is your body mass could fluctuate wildly and even if you hire the world's greatest personal trainers you might not listen to them. It is up to you if you want to chance that one.

[green] Those are going to be your easiest ways of getting what you are looking for. Good luck![/green]

hotdoge3

Post by hotdoge3 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:00 am

Version:33.0.1990.11

Oct. 02, 2015

may be it's good now and up date Try and good luck ?

donsorg

Post by donsorg » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:20 am

You should update your Opera browser to the latest one as suggested by the add-on gallery. Old browser versions have many security issues and must be upgraded. Also, old Opera (12) uses old technology which is not supported by WOT for several years already.

So, I suggest to start using modern version.

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:48 am

[green] Back in maybe 2009, 2010 [/green]Oprah[green] was one of the faster improving browsers and a good backup candidate. This was just before the beautiful [/green] Firefox 3[green] suicidally went rabid-release after the [/green]4 [green] series. With [/green] Failfox[green] the last version before they obliterated customization was (still stinky)[/green]28[green]. After[/green] 29[green] all bets were off.

With[/green] Oprah[green] the last customizable version was [/green]12.16[green]. This is why I only keep it is a rare part-timer for backup/testing/comparison purposes on some computers.

Honestly, even the [/green]12 series[green] was at it's prime at best a backup candidate. I noticed that there were more things wrong with it such as users might bring some really sketchy guests onto the show such as anti-vaxxers and even outright frauds like the guy who made up a drug addiction to sell books and to do media appearances.

Lastly, I can verify that W[/green][yellow]O[/yellow][red]T[/red][green] does work on the [/green]12 series[green]. I just pulled it up seconds ago and it is working. Running it might even get you your own network someday.[/green]