Perfect Optimizer

c۞g

morefreeinformation.com

Post by c۞g » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:39 am

morefreeinformation.com
is an article site, it's not directly related - any "author" can create an article and add a link.

I must have come across a dozen like it searching for the related domains.
I didn't include them since 1 post should not blacklist the entire site.
I figure if a WOT user reads the article, clicks a link then they will see a WOT Warning about the destination domain.

weskysoft

To all members who post here and on our websites.

Post by weskysoft » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:55 pm

Hi Everyone here,

It is Neil Lee, the Marketing Director of the Weskysoft Inc. It is good to know you.

Yesterday one of our partners emailed and told us that all of our sites are ranked low here, even some of them that are still under development were ranked low.

We checked the comments and found the post here.

We can make the conclusion that some of our competitors illegally did that and want to bring our name down. From what you posted above, we can say that they have posted a lot of good comments to our sites and our products.

We hope that you can remove this post and all comments as they are not TRUE. Thanks in advance.

Looking forward to your quick reply.

Neil Lee
Weskysoft Inc.
Neallee@Weskysoft.com

Sami

Re: To all members who post here and on our websites.

Post by Sami » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:19 pm

We can make the conclusion that some of our competitors illegally did that and want to bring our name down

Based on the evidence I've seen, I'm making a conclusion that you just made that up. In fact, I have several reasons to believe the spam originated from you and not from a competitor.

Sami

Re: Proxies

Post by Sami » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:29 pm

Wikipedia tells me the address ranges 65.49.2.0/24 and 65.49.14.0/24 are open proxy servers, which explains pretty much everything. Details here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia: ... nge_blocks

spectre

@weskysoft

Post by spectre » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:37 pm

You're offering Rogue software / scareware, dont bother trying to explain the spamming.

c۞g

Neil Lee

Post by c۞g » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:24 pm

Hello Neil Lee

I'm curious, exactly what is the price of tea in China?

Nulander

If they're use that sort of

Post by Nulander » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:55 pm

If they're use that sort of "promotional" way to push a good rating, it must be considered a potential scam-ware hidden under the cowl. That is a suspicious activity. If the software is so good, why act like that? Worries about competitors? There's the WOT Badge for that.

-----
MF IT-UESC - Protecting your Digital Experience. Now.

Nulander

Personally, and this is just

Post by Nulander » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:29 pm

[OT a little bit]

Personally, and this is just a my idea, is that Microsoft should introduce a solution directly on the OS to solve the Registry problems, instead of filling it with useless crap-ware.
This leak is what drive a lot of fraud-dudes to produce suspicious software, when it could be cut directly from the roots introducing an official build-in software to do some OS-clean up (like it was, in some ways, MS OneCare).

I still continue to be annoyed for the fact that they removed the Registry monitor and other little tidbits present on Windows Defender, on the new MSE. Ok, there SysInternals tools, but that ones are not so easy to use as the functions included on Defender, expecially for newbies.

[/OT a little bit]
-----

Responses?

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 15, 2010 2:22 am

@ g7w,

"I'm curious, exactly what is the price of tea in China?"
Will be interesting to see if old Neil gets this.

@ shazza,

Very good point . . . will also be interesting to see if this Neil Lee person responds to this.

@ MassimilianoF,

Registry entries RARELY need to be removed to enhance performance (indeed there are many who believe, myself included, AND Mark Russinovich, MSMVP and founder of SysInternals, and now a VP with Microsoft) that registry tweaking will NOT enhance performance noticeably or appreciably.

For example, removing stray .dll's or removing unused help files from the registry will basically do nothing to enhance performance.

I don't disagree that a registry modification may be in order, but only when performed by an experienced user and only when the user knows EXACTLY what that key means.

Someone once compared the registry size to that of a parking lot the size of Montana, and cleaning the registry akin to sweeping out a single parking space. Unless you're an experienced user and know what cleaning out that parking space will do to the system, you shouldn't mess with it.

Novices . . . even if Microsoft introduces something beyond "regedit" (which is sufficient for registry modifications by experienced users anyway) . . . STAY AWAY FROM THE REGISTRY.

I don't know if this was Microsoft's motivation for removing registry tools from Defender, but a good reason to do that would be to discourage novices from messing with the registry. Indeed, the Microsoft KB is full of articles on how to unscrew the registry because novices insist on messing with it.

My suspicion is that this is because they buy into all the fraudulent advertisements that claim registry cleaning will enhance performance. And that, IMO, is why these rogues thrive.

Nulander

> For example, removing

Post by Nulander » Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:07 am

> For example, removing stray .dll's or removing unused help files from the registry will basically do nothing to enhance performance.

About speed, I agree with you. Even if you remove old/unused entries, the margin of gain is little, but about functionalities, it's a different matter. I have seen a lot of XPs acting oddly due to strange problems present inside the registry. I'm talking about pressing the right-click and seeing a setup come out from nothing (of a legit software), asking for uninstall etc.
Of course, a run of a good Registry repair tool saved the day every time, but in this case, I would better define it as "Registry Optimization/Maintenance" than "Performance", more pointed to data-access times, velocity on application loading etc.

> I don't disagree that a registry modification may be in order, but only when performed by an
> experienced user and only when the user knows EXACTLY what that key means.

Uhm, hard. Usually registry don't have to be touched by normal users, so keys found inside, placed by software, are there for an "Unknown reason" (of course if you don't reverse the code to understand what the application does, but it rarely happend; more to malware than normal software) and it is totally undocumented.

> STAY AWAY FROM THE REGISTRY

A flick to the registry and the system relentlessly crumble. Even the System Restore don't do miracles (and I suggest using it only for Device-Driver installation/update fail, never in case of a malware break).

-----