Perfect Optimizer

Perfect Optimizer

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:31 pm

Just looking around and thought I would check out this site.WOT top members had by and large rated it red as a rouge.In the past two days there have been many new members rating this site up.It has over two thousand greens for it now.I know comments are not ratings but some newb might be drawn in by all these positive comments being agreed to.Very suspiciously though in the past two days.All red comments have been voted down.To go to this much effort would make you think that they are fairly well organized.
Perhaps we could rate them down again to balance things up.I rated every red comment by WOT members up.And every green comment done in the past two days down.
For anyone interested here is the scorecard link.

http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/perfe ... om/#page-1

Comment votes disabled

Post by Guest » Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:42 pm

When I visit the scorecard, I see that comment votes have been disabled for the site.

Clean air. Fresh Water. Open space. Pollution is not the Solution.
Nature recycles everything. So should people.

MysteryFCM

Errr ....

Post by MysteryFCM » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:57 pm

"Perhaps we could rate them down again to balance things up.I rated every red comment by WOT members up.And every green comment done in the past two days down"

Errr, that's called rating abuse. Have you actually bothered to check the website and the software it offers (FYI: I have), as the statement you've made, suggests you're basing your ratings purely on what others have said.

Regards
Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group / hpHosts
it-mate.co.uk / hosts-file.net

Sami

Re: Perfect Optimizer

Post by Sami » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:14 am

If anyone is curious, the site had lots of recent comments that seem to have originated from spammers in China and the US. Here are the other domains involved in the spammy action this time:

activepcoptimizer.com
boostersonpc.com
fixmum.com
perfectoptimizer.com
registrymum.com
windowsclear.com

It might be interesting to investigate what exactly are these sites are selling and who owns them.

There's another interesting thing too. Roughly half of the spam accounts were created from the US netblock 65.49.2.0/24, which has been allocated to a company called Sophidea, Inc. There's hardly any information about the company on the web, but this is not the first spam indicent we've seen from this address block.

Soon after IObit had been accused of stealing data, for example, fake users from this netblock spent weeks spamming good comments for iobit.com and bad comments for malwarebytes.org, apparently in a foolish attempt to change the reputations. Coincidence? I think not.

So what's going on here...? Are these spammers for hire, a bunch of open proxy servers, or what?

Rating Abuse

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:14 am

I think when a lot of new members rate a site up in the period of two days its one,very fishy and two rating abuse.I have never seen a couple of thousand positive greens on even the best sites.
Also there were a lot of references to blacklists by top members.If you have to go to every rouge site to check it out,even though top rater's give their sources is a bit of a waste of time IMHO.A lot of these rater's that use these lists do not check out each site.BTW I do not have the mass rating tool and am not interested in it.But they often post a list of bad sites for others to rate.Are these Top Rater's Wrong also.

c۞g

weskysoft.com

Post by c۞g » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:08 am

weskysoft.com - whois
product names include:
"perfect optimizer"
"redistry mum"
"registry G"

Affiliate registry "cleaner" which is not malware but IS spyware.

Domains with direct downloads:

activepcoptimizer.com
activepcoptimizer.com
boostersonpc.com
ccc-cleaner.com
ccleanercom.com
cleanerccc.com
comccleaner.com
duplicate-filesremover.com
fixmum.com
free-optimizer-pc.com
free-optimizer.com
free-pc-optimizer.com
memory-virtual.com
memoryvirtual.com
oneclickmaintenance.net
optimizerfree.com
optimizerfreepc.com
optimizertool.com
outlookexpressfix.org
pcfreeoptimizer.com
perfectoptimizer.com
perfectoptimizer5.com
registry-error-repair.net
registryg.com
registrymum.com
registryrepairdoctor.com
snmasteridx.com
tunewindows.com
virtual-memory-low.com
weskysoft.com
windowsclear.com

clickBank download / redirects:
easycleare.pagestyle.hop.clickbank.net
zzzzz.regmum.hop.clickbank.net

"link sites" advertising:
thebleeder.com/system-optimization/PAGESTYLE.htm
thegreatkhali.org/2010/06/05/registry-mum-great-registry-cleaner-in-5-languages/
snmaster4idx.blogstream.com

-------
WOT Services Ltd. - gives us safety through Web of Trust.
WOT Community - gives us security through unity.
Thank you all
- G7W

spectre

Thanks g7w

Post by spectre » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:23 am

weskysoft.com directs to iis.net, does anyone know this site?
Added

weskysoft-inc.software.informer.com
dodownload.com
morefreeinformation.com

[/red]

Sami

Re: Thanks g7w

Post by Sami » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:26 am

That looks like the standard IIS welcome page. Microsoft owns iis.net and it has nothing to do with the other sites.

Sami is right

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:34 am

The site you're see on weskeysoft.com make use of the Microsoft shortlink service go.microsoft.com see the scorecard.

c۞g

weskysoft links

Post by c۞g » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:34 am

The only link on weskysoft.com is:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=66138&clcid=0x409

which leads to:
http://www.iis.net/