Platinum Level

The Big Bin

Platinum Level

Post by The Big Bin » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:04 am

As we all walk our way, we proceed as time gets older.

And as we proceed, we leave footsteps where we've been.

Months, many of us even years ago, we all found our way here into the community of Web of Trust. And we all have seen ourselves on the bottom blue end of a giant stairway. No easy would it be walking the first step. No easy would it be climbing the stairway. The higher you get, the more difficult it would take every step to be taken.

A total of 10,000 steps has the stairway.

But all of us saw a great journey, and with the good attitude to build and stabilize the staircase as we walked, all of us began to walk - and saw ourselves always welcome in this community.

By today, many of us have completed this track. Many have even climbed further up.

By today, a total of 39 loyal users have reached the top end of the stairway. And with every day passing on, it will become even more.

When I came this morning, I saw that I now am honoured to be among them. No more steps are there to come beyond.

But will that stop us from walking? Will that prevent us from helping people that are not even walking with us?

In my opinion, the stairway has only been the beginning of an even greater journey that lies there before us. We do not have a target to go for - and this gives us the power to proceed as far as we ever want to go.

As I walked, I got back what you can never buy for any price: Having a place in such a helpful, motivated, open community. And as Deborah showed us in January, you do not even have to have walked half to do a great job.

And so I want to give you all a big THANK YOU back for everything I was allowed to experience here - and for letting me be part of this very extraordinary community!

The Big Bin

lol

Post by The Big Bin » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:05 am

Well, that's my attempt to create a speech to this :)

The Big Bin

lol

Post by The Big Bin » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:06 am

Well, that's my attempt to create a speech to this :)

Edit: Oops, double post... sorry

Platinum

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:31 am

Congratulations on getting to platinum.By the way,good speech.Waiting for what you will say when you get number 1.LOL.(G.O.M.with Honours).

paul g

Well Done.

Post by paul g » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:14 am

Hey, cod head. Well Done my friend you deserve it..............

Cheers.........p..................

If You Dont Ask You Will Never Know..

Thanks Paul

Post by Guest » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:40 am

But I was congratulating FlyAqua,who is enjoying the sun in New Zealand.Anyway I presume you meant him.Just a early morning Typo.I am of out now so signing off.Important stuff to do.I hope your computer is well if not give Dell Hell.Thats all folks.(G.O.M.with Honours).

paul g

FlyAqua

Post by paul g » Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:49 am

Hey FlyAqua Sorry!!! i got mixed up there thanks cod head for putting me right..
but its the same for you. Well done and keep fighting the good fight........

Cheers.............p............

If You Dont Ask You Will Never Know..

The Big Bin

lol

Post by The Big Bin » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:51 am

Wow - thank you all!

Cases such as Marco B. show that it is our community working together that makes WOT so powerful.

[cite]FlyAqua,who is enjoying the sun in New Zealand[/cite]

Well, not really. :-)
It's winter over here with the worst to come, and it's often raining cats and dogs. Temperatures are no better than England. :-)

Toptiger5

Wow

Post by Toptiger5 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:41 am

Wow, you write well. That is 10 times more than a top mark for English :-P

(Btw, I got top marks on my written-in-30-minutes-speech "Why we should be allowed to have mobile phones in school"! Teacher hates me for it and gave me triple 10)

phantazm

No more steps are there to come beyond..?

Post by phantazm » Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:01 pm

First of all: Nice speech (=can't add much).
And congratulations with platinum..!

However there's one of your points I'm not sure of: "No more steps are there to come beyond". Yes, now it is so. But in the future too..? As you said "As we all walk our way, we proceed as time gets older.". Well, as time moves on, more and more will be platinum, and that also means platinum will signify less and less. Eventually WOT will have to consider higher levels. As rare metals gave been used, how about stones, like diamond..?