Please add a big "Malware" score icon!

Penna

Please add a big "Malware" score icon!

Post by Penna » Fri May 08, 2015 11:40 am

Malware is a main concern for any Internet user. When we open a web site we just hope it does not harm our computer with some malicious scripts or files it loads, and that's one of the main reasons I installed WOT for, to warn me about malicious sites. Therefore, I think the specific "Malware / Viruses" WOT score deserves a big traffic light icon of its own on WOT score pages and pop-ups, to make it very clear if the site is deemed safe for navigation and downloads, or not!
Now, on the contrary, we have two big icons: "Child safety", and a very generic all-inclusive "Trustworthiness" score that sums it all. There can be one thousand reasons not to trust a web site even if it is 100% malware-clean, though. For instance one can distrust a web site because it is a hate site, or because some ******tology stuff is a scam, or a certain software program is not worth the money, or an online store has quite a rude customer service! And so on and on! That's all very good to know, but it has little to do with safe browsing and Internet security, which is my first and uttermost concern when I visit a web site.
Yes, I know, under the two big icons there are more small icons with all the available details and the specific reasons not to trust a site, including "Malware / Viruses", if that is the case.
But what I would really like is a big icon just to warn for Malware, clearly in sight, to spot "unsafe" sites at a glance.

Also, I'd love a setting to show the Malware/Viruses score instead of the overall score, as the main (and only) icon on the add-on button and in web search pages when you see a list of search results. I mean that as an option for those who want it, not the default setting.

What do you think?

destinationtruth

RE: Please add a big "Malware" score icon!

Post by destinationtruth » Fri May 15, 2015 10:39 pm

Think that will never happen.

Keep in mind WoT does not search sites for these issues (members do), and it's neither an anti-virus or anti-malware service. "WoT is a website reputation and review service." https://www.mywot.com/en/aboutus

Use a good AV and AM program.

Ivan Blue

Post by Ivan Blue » Sat May 30, 2015 9:17 am

Just download a AV software with a decent reputation or even just activate Windows defender.
WOT is just an ADD-ON to your existing firewall/ AV software to protect your personal info and also warn you if you are about to open a malicious website.

alexwillsion

Post by alexwillsion » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:33 pm

You can download antivirus software which scan and protect your PC from online and offline threats.

Retarded Joker

Post by Retarded Joker » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:33 pm

It's not going to happen. WoT has nothing to do with the reviews given for the sites.
Individuals rate the site. There can be sites with a green signal where the comments can tell a different story.
> WoT does not review websites, the community does.

You can always use AV software to protect you from known malware websites.

liquid_dragon

Post by liquid_dragon » Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:02 pm

I don't see the need for a "Malware" specific score. I believe the "Trustworthiness" score covered it just fine. If a site is rated as untrustworthy for any reason I tend to avoid it. Maybe it is rated poorly because of a bad customer experience but could be 100% clean. I wouldn't want to use the site. If you have problems in one area you likely have problems in others as well.