premium price

marcelg

premium price

Post by marcelg » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:36 pm

Hi, i'm a long time user of WOT, now i see that there is a premium protection , but i feel is too expensive(at last for me), i know i can not join that, is my choice, but why is that price knowing the price of KIS antivirus for example that give by far more for less?
Thanks

spectre

Re: premium price

Post by spectre » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:43 pm

Wot always was, & always should be free to its contributors / users. Without the contributors / users and the freely available blacklists Wot wouldn't have any ratings / reviews.
If you want reliable protection, stick with an approved Internet Security Suite (KIS is fine), and don't waste any money on Wot. You could also add an extra layer of protection such as malwarebytes.com/browserguard/, which is free of charge.

marcelg

Post by marcelg » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:29 am

spectre wrote: ↑
Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:43 pm
Wot always was, & always should be free to its contributors / users. Without the contributors / users and the freely available blacklists Wot wouldn't have any ratings / reviews.
If you want reliable protection, stick with an approved Internet Security Suite (KIS is fine), and don't waste any money on Wot. You could also add an extra layer of protection such as malwarebytes.com/browserguard/, which is free of charge.
Thanks for your reply, more or less is what i feel, but is just a comment to show what is my view of the premium rate.

dabonz

Subcription

Post by dabonz » Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:12 am

Greetings,

Not that i want to cancel my Premium sub but how do you cancel your monitor you account for WOT I don't like that fact that credit card is lingering
for my subscription i like to keep track of my quarterly payments and invoice

Please Clarify Staff

Regards,
Dabonz

Foxitron

Post by Foxitron » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:31 pm

i strictly do not recommend that you pay for this inaccurate service. Because there is no actual reputation data as it was years ago. New admin does not bother to keep the system to function properly or remove spammers with cheaters - since previous owner has left this community is simply abandoned.

It is of course enyones else choice to pay for wheiter they want, but i would not waste my money for source of "reputation data" that is full of "freaky bots"and trivial spammers.

for example, this automated spammer bot freely spams WoT scorecards during very long time https://www.mywot.com/user/8525408 - approx ten years ago this garbage would be get banned in minutes, but not now.

dabonz

Post by dabonz » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:20 am

Thanks For the heads up I will take you're comment seriously

Thank You kindly
Dabonz~

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:30 am

They've made previously free features premium, like viewing scorecards from the context menu.