Rating not work

public-

Rating not work

Post by public- » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:16 pm

Hello,

I set colour and leave comment, but after saving, the circle is grey with Question mark and note: "I haven't rated"

The commentary is visible.
I am logged in at the time of the evaluation

Apollo702

RE: Rating not work

Post by Apollo702 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:50 am

As far as anybody knows the entire system is in jeopardy. The founders are long gone and since then it has been dubious exactly who is running things. In recent years not only did repairs stop- but the mysterious staff stopped from posting the code- making it no longer open-source and attempting to add trackers.

The short version is for the foreseeable future the system is in massive crisis.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:02 am

<quote user="apollo702">
As far as anybody knows the entire system is in jeopardy. The founders are long gone and since then it has been dubious exactly who is running things. In recent years not only did repairs stop- but the mysterious staff stopped from posting the code- making it no longer open-source and attempting to add trackers.

The short version is for the foreseeable future the system is in massive crisis.

[/quote]

Oddly enough downloading the Chrome version drops source code files into the extensions directory (since extensions use JavaScript) and they are tagged as GPLv3.

The infamous tracking code was actually published to the GitHub repo before they discontinued uploading code to the repo.

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:22 am

<quote user="site-rater">
Oddly enough downloading the Chrome version drops source code files into the extensions directory (since extensions use JavaScript) and they are tagged as GPLv3.

The infamous tracking code was actually published to the GitHub repo before they discontinued uploading code to the repo.
[/quote]

Here is what I don't know at this point:

Blocking 3rd party trackers is easy with tools such as NoScript. However, did they add tracking code to the main script itself?

On the other hand, this does solve the mystery of why they stopped fixing things and actively started breaking things all over the place.

Could that be indirect evidence of attempting to add the tracking directly? Has anybody actually been able to go over the code recently???

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:15 am

<quote user="apollo702">
Here is what I don't know at this point:

Blocking 3rd party trackers is easy with tools such as NoScript. However, did they add tracking code to the main script itself?

On the other hand, this does solve the mystery of why they stopped fixing things and actively started breaking things all over the place.

Could that be indirect evidence of attempting to add the tracking directly? Has anybody actually been able to go over the code recently???

[/quote]

According to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1314332#c6 the last comment describes a source code commit that added particular tracking code which sends obfuscated browsing data to the domain secure.mywot.com.
Since this code was integrated in the add-on, it ran in a context outside the reach of other add-ons.

The offending code has been removed from the re-released Chrome add-on.

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:28 pm

Thanks for the update. Now I just wish that we had someone who could take over and make things the way that they should be.

I can't. I am swamped and can't come up with enough hours in a day. Maybe there is someone out there ready to take it on???

Rolo42

RE: Rating Stops Working After Vote

Post by Rolo42 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:21 pm

Back to the original topic...

I have the same issue: site wasn't trusted, I added my vote, then the site's lost its rating; it went from 27 to blank/unknown after I voted "I don't trust":

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/itunescom-download.com?utm_source=addon&utm_content=popup

Prior malfeasance aside, WOT appears to be broken, have a bug.

NotBuyingIt

RE: Rating Stops Working After Vote

Post by NotBuyingIt » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:20 pm

<quote user="rolo42">
Back to the original topic...
[/quote]Thanks for trying to bring the discussion back on topic. However, I believe that your issue is yet a different one...

<quote user="rolo42">
I have the same issue: site wasn't trusted, I added my vote, then the site's lost its rating; it went from 27 to blank/unknown after I voted "I don't trust":

https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/itunescom-download.com

Prior malfeasance aside, WOT appears to be broken, have a bug.
[/quote]
That might be a bug, but not necessarily so. WOT doesn't display a reputation when its calculated reliability is extremely low. Possibly, your ratings (along with others' ratings, if any, submitted about the same time) for the site may have increased a statistical variance calculated by the WOT system so much that the reliability fell.

public-

Post by public- » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:58 am

Solved.

Obviously, the adblocker was causing the problem

johnparker

Post by johnparker » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:16 am

ya same problem it is coming for me also what i will do can u tell me.