Ratings changing historically

statetats

Ratings changing historically

Post by statetats » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:30 pm

I sometimes come across good sites rated badly in the past, or who here e.g. a site hack or malware problem in the years ago which is now corrected, but they stll suffer from it. Also, sites may have gradually become corrupted eg
.https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/42044-wh ... d-cnet-com
but are still green because of their past rep. Is there anyway of weighing ratings so more recent ones are heavier? I d imagine this might be hard,given the difference from the mean problem ( sites are good or bad, not one long scale of goodness). It should be easier to implement for categories IMO.

NotBuyingIt

RE: Ratings changing historically

Post by NotBuyingIt » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:46 pm

All other factors being equal, newer ratings have more weight than much older ones. I should guess that CNet probably keeps its excellent reputation because it is immensely popular with WOT users.

Fritz2200

Post by Fritz2200 » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:55 pm

I remember reading a long time ago that reputation expires. According to https://www.mywot.com/en/faq/site-owner ... ion-update it does, but in my experience that is no longer true.

statetats

Post by statetats » Thu May 08, 2014 2:04 pm

Good point. Only people with problems will actually post, so we don t see the good feedback

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Thu May 08, 2014 4:04 pm

[cite]Only people with problems will actually post, so we don t see the good feedback "[/cite]\

For perspective, the WOT statistics page has a summary of the ratings and comments.