Report user?

Report user?

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:05 am

I have spotted some users that seem to be spamish people. Is there any way to report them?

Warxas

You can report them

Post by Warxas » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:07 am

[url=http://www.mywot.com/support/feedback t=_self] Here [/url]
It is up to the administration if action will be taken.

Jazspeak

Name and shame

Post by Jazspeak » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:56 am

If you have substantial evidence that some members are spammers then you can expose them in this forum so that we can all know who they are. However, you must be completely sure of your grounds for any allegations otherwise you would be risking your own credibility.

Echo on credibility concern

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:03 am

@ nettodo,

Echo on Jazspeak's statement that unless you are as certain as you can be that your suspicions are accurate . . . and you used the phrase "seem to be", which says to me that you aren't as sure as you can be, you can bring serious questions about your own credibility.

So, before you get egg on your face, I'd ask the community some questions about spamming . . . scorecards is what I'm assuming you're talking about. Get your ducks lined up first before you post names.

A question like this might be appropriate: "Here's what I understand is scorecard spamming . . . blah, blah, blah. Is that understanding correct?".

Ok.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:29 am

I see you point, all. My problem is mostly with account "squatters", who make one or two comments, then leave. I know that by spelling out this, I risk my credibility, but it's for the best.

Careful

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:07 am

@ nettodo,

Yes, some of those "squatters" may indeed be spammers, but some may also be legitimate users that for one good reason or another abandoned the forum . . . and they may still be rating, just not participating in the forum.

Sometimes it seems easy to tell who was spamming . . . sometimes not. It's certainly not an "exact science".

There really is no way you can be sure of their intent . . . unless of course you're a mind reader.

Annoying and bothersome some can be (my best imitation of Yoda), but the WOT staff is unlikely to take action unless it's an egregious transgression.

You could earn yourself the reputation of "the boy who cried wolf". You're on a slippery slope, but I understand and sympathize with your annoyance.

"the boy who cried wolf". We

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:14 am

"the boy who cried wolf".

We already have one doing that way too much lately, don't need anymore.

I see.

Post by Guest » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:46 am

I see your point, BobJam. As not to risk my credibility or waste my time (I should be reporting spam apps on Facebook!), I will not bother. Thanks all. This forum post can now considered as a reference. Again, thanks to all.