The dysfunctional and divided world, in the digital age!

The dysfunctional and divided world, in the digital age!

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:35 pm

Hello =
I almost did not read the article, thinking that it was a joke for April fool's day, the title was enough

Is it OK for white people to have dreadlocks?
htxtp://wwxw.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-35944803

But I clicked open the article and to my astonishment, I read this

The footage picks up in the middle of a confrontation between two young people - one a white man, the other a black woman. The argument centres around the man's hairstyle. Specifically, his dreadlocks
hxttps://wxww.youtube.com/watch?v=jDlQ4H0Kdg8

Our world is divided and not just in racial issues, it seems that we are pitted against each others, by our rights, wants or needs and we will do anything to get it, even if we "don't get it"

Our daily bread, change situations,"colors", ideologies and it becomes the norm

We traded "likes" in on social media, for the human touch and whatever common sense, we once had
Instead of reflecting in her actions and maybe apologize to the man, she did this
The woman in the video has apparently shut down her social media accounts and did not respond to requests for comments
Talk about priorities
This is happening during the information revolution at a time in which we believed that, we could be much better than this............. Well we almost did, didn't we?

destinationtruth

RE: The dysfunctional and divided world, in the digital age!

Post by destinationtruth » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:06 pm

Oh hon. . . had you been in a coma and just woke up. ~smiles~

Post by Guest » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:20 pm

<quote user="destinationtruth">
Oh hon. . . had you been in a coma and just wake up. ~smiles~
[/quote]

I guess=

Believe it or not, I think it must be a joke still

Back before you were born, I had an Afro and I never had a problem, I thought that it was cool

We need love and respect, but I would not push it on anyone else :-(

Retarded Joker

Post by Retarded Joker » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:39 am

" She sees someone with a hairstyle who's wearing it freely, who probably doesn't get as much push back as she would, if she had the same hairstyle. Sometimes people call dreadlocks 'dirty' or 'ghetto' if they see them on a black person. "

That is somewhat true, to be honest. No, I'm not supporting the woman's actions. That was totally wrong.
If you read that statement, related to anything other than a petty thing like hair, it seems right.

But I don't think that is the reason the woman picked up an argument. Hair? Culture appropriation? Really? The world is mentally dying.

dj-newcomer

Post by dj-newcomer » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:34 pm

"Why are you filming this?" -> "For everyone´s safety!"
loool i guess its not all about racism, only a afroamerician woman who with a wrong attitude.
if we make all discussions between 2 people official and get it into the web .. oh my gosh - where will it all end?

A440

Post by A440 » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:32 pm

This is sad.
Americans have an African-American cultural influence which has made America what it is today (good and bad, maybe). Artistically, America would be nothing like it is today without that influence and that cultural inheritance is something that all Americans, of all ethnic persuasions can enjoy and be proud of. There would be no Jazz, Soul music, etcetera, without the contribution.

destinationtruth

Post by destinationtruth » Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:34 pm

<quote user="a440">
This is sad.
Americans have an African-American cultural influence which has made America what it is today (good and bad, maybe). Artistically, America would be nothing like it is today without that influence and that cultural inheritance is something that all Americans, of all ethnic persuasions can enjoy and be proud of. There would be no Jazz, Soul music, etcetera, without the contribution.
[/quote]

Well said' and concur completely!

WOTRocks223

Post by WOTRocks223 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:46 pm

Ikr I mean people these days, ruder and ruder by the week.

dj-newcomer

Post by dj-newcomer » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:00 am

yes this is those generation of people who grown up in the digital world with no borders and rules. And the big different to saying something is, you can change it -> if you writing something (internet) it stays forever

Post by Guest » Thu Apr 07, 2016 2:18 am

Here we go again!
It's the tall white girl resting her arm on the head of the shorter black girl that has triggered the controversy. For some it's insulting and, if not intentionally racist, at least reflective of a lack of thought on Gap's part (hence the term "passive" racism). For others, the image is harmless, and the backlash against it ridiculous
httxp://wwxw.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-35968787
I can't take it any more ............ this goes beyond political correctness