The New WOT - Moving Forward

A440

RE: The New WOT - Moving Forward

Post by A440 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:42 pm

The MRT hangs up (latest build of Opera/OSX).
I get a spinning blue ball and nothing progresses.
My ad blocking software informs me that it is also blocking content from "insecure sources".

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:22 am

WOT 3.x is still not saving scorecard comments when rating from the add-on.

D̵eSi͠gn

RE: The New WOT

Post by D̵eSi͠gn » Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:58 pm

It appears that scorecard comments from banned users and deleted accounts have been restored to scorecards.

...and after rolling back to old scorecards many comments have not been removed. Obvious example:
https://www.mywot.com/en/user/8052792/comments

Comments don't always show selected categories.

Satchman

Post by Satchman » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:13 am

Will the new WOT work in Firefox 57? It has been reported that any add-ons that are not verified by Mozilla will not work in Firefox 57. A user has concerns here:

hxxps://www.mywot.com/en/forum/82726-all-firefox-users-wot-add-ons-being-disabled-for-failing-to-verify

Satch

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:43 pm

As of today, the newest version of the WOT extension that is available in the official Mozilla Firefox addon collection is marked "COMPATIBLE WITH FIREROX 57+". See
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/wot-safe-browsing-tool/

Data that is stored in the cloud may become lost in the fog.

spectre

RE: The New WOT - Moving Backwards

Post by spectre » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:38 pm

Thanks everyone for your feedback! We are aware of the issues mentioned here and are working on fixing them as soon as possible.
Please keep sending us your input either here on this thread or via support@mywot.com

Unfortunately, 2 months later we are seeing more & more bugs. Some bugs that were reported almost 2 years ago have still not been resolved, and the site crashes more often than ever.
Long term members have lost their reliability, whilst some new members have inflated reliability, and currently don't have to adhere to the same rules as others.
EG - there is no minimum character requirement in scorecard comments & no time restriction between posts.

There is also an issue with new child safety ratings not showing on scorecards.

Ratings before 15th Oct are not displayed under 'my ratings' tab, unless they were previously deleted & have returned.

Your interaction on this forum is also lacking, you rarely respond to questions here now. It would be nice if you could respond to members here as often as you do those on social media or the add on pages.(especially chrome).

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:50 pm

I am going to continue to use older versions that actually work. I also cannot and will not use anything in the web extension format unless it is on rarely used backup browsers that I only use for testing/comparison purposes. It also is likely to result in grand failure if the developers overly focus on mobile and toss computer users overboard. This system will also fare poorly on those screens and mobile-only users likely aren't the kinds of people who would use this service anyways. The real market is desktop.

It is my opinion that the developers are acting like the coyote climbing onto the crooked rocket and lighting the match. Many of their trendy new schemes likely are going to crash into the rocks and send the coyote plunging down the cliff. They would be better off taking a breather, fixing existing issues and making the classic system something spectacular!

When I help others with their computers I set them up with a working
WOT. I publish a list of known bad updates ranging from extensions, to programs, all the way up to operating systems- and this one is definitely on the list!

Since the developers seem to be icing us out they can be bypassed.

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:50 pm

Hi all,

As discussed in our latest community update - https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/83518-community-update-new-versions-and-what-s-ahead we’ve recently released new versions of WOT for both Chrome and Firefox users.

While many new features have been added and some existing features have been improved, we are aware of the fact that some users have encountered bugs or irregularities and we would like to first thank you for providing us with your input, and second, assure you that we are writing down every single suggestion, comment or bug report and are doing our best to fix or implement these requests as soon as possible.

Regarding the specific issues mentioned here in this post:

** Backend - is not affected, thus, your ratings and weight are the SAME. There is no advantage for new users over veteran ones.
** Website/Backend - We are aware of the issues with delay in ratings, errors while loading sites, etc. We are working on an update to the system that should fix this. Unfortunately these issues are complicated and therefore, it takes more time to fix them.
** WebExtensions - Mozilla Firefox will stop supporting any other architecture starting from Firefox 57 (should be released by November 14th) thus, WebExtensions will be the only architecture allowed.
** Mobile - we are planning on expanding WOT to mobile for many reasons, the main reason is to be able to provide full protection for our users on both fronts - desktop and mobile.
** Missing functionalities - we are aware of the fact that some functionalities might be missing from the new version. The new version is constantly being updated (weekly / bi-weekly updates) and therefore, a lot of these missing features have been added since the first release. This version is still not final and many improvements are on their way.
We understand that the new version may not be everyone’s “cup of tea” - that's why we've added an option to switch to the "Classic WOT" version which includes some features that are not yet present in the 4.0 version. (FYI - Classic WOT isn't going to get bug fixes and we cannot guarantee it’ll work properly in the future).

As for the lack of communication - we take this matter very seriously and we are doing our very best to listen to you, our users, and voice your ideas, suggestions or opinions through the actual product - WOT. Needless to say, we can always do better and that’s exactly what we’re planning on. We appreciate your feedback, it helps us focus on the things that matter the most.

Best,
WOT Team
---
MyWOT Team

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:05 pm

While many new features have been added and some existing features have been improved, we are aware of the fact that some users have encountered bugs or irregularities and we ... are doing our best to fix or implement these ....
The speed of sorting scorecard comments, according to their dates or their number of "agrees," has vastly improved recently.

Data that is stored in the cloud may become lost in the fog.

spectre

Post by spectre » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:30 pm

Many ratings are still not being processed.
Some scorecards I rated 3-4 weeks ago are still showing as unrated, whilst others I rated at the same time updated within minutes.