The ones who are not leaving !

The ones who are not leaving !

Post by Guest » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:08 am

In the last few days, we had at WOT some changes in personnel and some experiments that have gone, nowhere raising more questions as to where WOT is heading

I do understand, why some have left and why some may leave!

But I will like you to hear me out, for a moment, there is a growing bunch of scammers, spammers that are not leaving, but are looking for our departure with a smile in their face

They are aware that, when it comes to security through trust, they have plenty to fear, from WOT and when they hear that my friend Shazza is leaving, is one more opportunity for them to scam those, who benefit from her incredible work and not longer is going to be there to warn them

Never would I imagine WOT w/o CoG that, one day this member will leave, is a given, but not in this way

We both share a love for great music, and I learned more from him, about the blues, than in all my previous years, reading Rolling Stone Magazine, so when I read and heard these words

"There's an unceasing wind that blows through this night

And there's dust in my eyes that blinds my sight

And silence that speaks so much louder that words

Of promises broken"

"Sorrow"

I heard you, clearly, so clearly that I cried inside, I understood the pain

I have shared that constant struggle with the many disappointments and downright lies, through my life that at times, it was too easy and tempting to be hard and cold, like those, who chose to do so, but not me

You are not one of them, you have stopped so many of them, as Shazza always fighting the good fight and so the rest that, spend their time, making the internet safer

We argued among ourselves, but at the end we did, and do, our best to protect those who blindly will use the internet

I wish, the staff was more straightforward and more communicative to the members of
WOT, but the reason, why we are here, remains the same, one day we will know what took place, but at this moment Timo, needs our help, let's help him and make WOT, much better than it was before, I know that we can and we should

So Shazza and CoG, lead the way, as you have always done, and let us show those who are not leaving that we have not surrendered, we just started to fight

alphacentauri

RE: The ones who are not leaving !

Post by alphacentauri » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:56 pm

I'm not the type to take offense and delete my profile if I feel unappreciated. I will continue to use WOT as long as I feel it is helping internet users, though I may not use it as much if I don't get the boost of the camaraderie of the other users on the forums.

Sami and everyone at WOT were cool and all, but I didn't come here to provide personal support for their business. Their interests just intersected with mine. I want to keep people like my mom safer when they explore the internet with as much curiosity and enthusiasm as I do, and WOT did and does provide me a very responsive way of doing that.

I will speak out an offer suggestions about proposed changes, but ultimately, the people who depend on WOT for a paycheck do get the final say. All I can do is advise from my point of view what changes might be most advantageous to both them and to the average user.

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:25 pm

<quote user="alphacentauri">
I'm not the type to take offense and delete my profile.[/quote]
Me neither !<quote user="alphacentauri"> I will continue to use WOT as long as I feel it is helping internet users[/quote]
Echo !<quote user="alphacentauri">Though I may not use it as much if I don't get the boost of the camaraderie of the other users on the forums. [/quote]
IMO We need to stand shoulder to shoulder to defend WOT and keep it going

<quote user="alphacentauri">Sami and everyone at WOT were cool and all, but I didn't come here to provide personal support for their business. Their interests just intersected with mine. I want to keep people like my mom safer when they explore the internet with as much curiosity and enthusiasm as I do, and WOT did and does provide me a very responsive way of doing that.

I will speak out an offer suggestions about proposed changes, but ultimately, the people who depend on WOT for a paycheck do get the final say. All I can do is advise from my point of view what changes might be most advantageous to both them and to the average user.
[/quote]
Well said.

I,ve left a PM on Shazza's MB :
Hi Shazza,
I understand your opinion and why you left. Respect for your decision.
But don't you think it's wiser to fight those microworker scumbags together.
I mean, how big is their influence ? If we all try to block them, how much chance on succes will they have.
Of course such members should be banned, when proven corrupt.
But still : Aren't you perhaps a bit overreactive ?
Suppose we set up an ongoing thread to signalise all false activity.
gr. Peter

A440

Post by A440 » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:45 pm

Well, unless I see a move towards the dark side, I will continue to rate since it does collectively help.

MarkGiles

Post by MarkGiles » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:10 pm

I have always had the highest respect for AlphaCentauri's opinions.

But having read that latest posting, I have to admit that respect has risen even higher.

OctoberInTheChair

Post by OctoberInTheChair » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:50 am

<quote user="dutch mountain"> We need to stand shoulder to shoulder to defend WOT and keep it going [/quote]

This is why I'm staying. Too many people rely on Wot for us to walk away now.

Satchman

Post by Satchman » Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:51 am

<quote user="octoberinthechair">
This is why I'm staying. Too many people rely on Wot for us to walk away now.
[/quote]

I totally agree!

Over One Hundred Million Downloads!

Satch

Colorado.Chris

Post by Colorado.Chris » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:53 am

TLDR: It's a business like any other. People shift and things change. It's not always a bad thing. Keep up the community and the main objective WOT has to educate/protect users.

*Don't worry...about a thing....Cause every little thing...is gonna be OK!* ;)

Ionela.St

Post by Ionela.St » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:23 pm

<quote user="colorado.chris">
TLDR: It's a business like any other. People shift and things change. It's not always a bad thing. Keep up the community and the main objective WOT has to educate/protect users.

*Don't worry...about a thing....Cause every little thing...is gonna be OK!* ;)
[/quote]

I totally agree! And I think that as long as people stay impartial and just say their genuine opinions the site will continue to grow:)