User rating and comment

c۞g

RE: User rating and comment

Post by c۞g » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:53 pm

<quote user="satchman"> WOT needs to strike a better balance between ratings and comments. We know that comments do not currently reflect ratings. Maybe in the future, they should.

Satch
[/quote]

Available comment category selection should be based upon the rating scale.
The idea of offering negative ratings with positive comments or vice versa has been brought up in these forums multiple times over the past 6 years, including this discussion.

drsumit

Post by drsumit » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:39 pm

<quote user="satchman">
I published this over at the topic about the problems with Cnet.

The new ratings update shows that people gave Cnet high My WOT ratings, but made negative comments about the site. The following below is why I think negative comments SHOULD impact ratings, just as positive comments should impact ratings: (Viiew "The Malicious CNet Downloads" thread for more details as an example of this.)

Published scorecard levels of trust are a great update to My WOT!

However, look at Cnet.com's/download section, some users have actually incorrectly rated the site as Trustworthy, while talking about the malware/virus problems in the comments! If these users are still active in the WOT system, perhaps they could be notified to change their original likely mistaken "good" rating to match up with the realistic negative comment.

This brings up a very important point. I believe that an update to My WOT is needed so that if a user comments negatively about a site, only suspicious or poor reasons should be made available to them. Furthermore, if a user comments good about about a site, than they should only be able to leave good comments.

What we have with some users is these sharp contrasting contradictions on sites such as Cnet. Bad ratings with good comments, or good comments with bad ratings create an oxymoron sharply contradicting the level of My WOT.

Contradictory ratings and comments don't strike a good balance for the WOT community. It's like saying. "My spouse and I love each other so much that we decided to get a divorce." WOT needs to strike a better balance between ratings and comments. We know that comments do not currently reflect ratings. Maybe in the future, they should.

Satch
[/quote]

I agree Satch - Timo should do something about both Cnet and paradoxical rating.

Post by Guest » Sun Jun 08, 2014 10:40 pm

<quote user="timo">
Good catch. Spelling has been fixed.
[/quote]

The problem still remains with other rating position
[img]http://s7.postimg.org/l3iwdw2pz/exxt_0434305702.png[/img]

Example: [url=https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/winceware.ru/comment-67615457 t=_self]https://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/winceware.ru/comment-67615457[/url]