Vote for WOT !

Vote for WOT !

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:32 pm

This year we Will win =
The Best Privacy/Security Add on in the About.com prize is up for grabs again , but we need to vote
http://browsers.about.com/library/bl-2012-best-privacy-security-addon.htm
here is the link , go and tell the world that WOT is number one , when it comes to security through trust add on -
VOTE for WOT
Thank you
--------------------------------- En Español -----------------------------
Podemos y debemos ganar el premio , que About.com entrega al mejor de los productos en privacidad y seguridad en la net , pero necesitamos votar
http://browsers.about.com/library/bl-2012-best-privacy-security-addon.htm
Aquí les dejo el enlace , no olviden
Vote por WOT
Muchas gracias
----------------------------------
Please bring this message in you native tong that we may reach everyone from every country in the world , and yes the citizens of Vatican city are allowed to vote
Smile ~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you !
I wonder if the Vatican actually has WOT as an add on in their internet browser
Edit =

mentalist3d

RE: Vote for WOT !

Post by mentalist3d » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:25 pm

I think WOT are going to win it hands down this year, here's the polling results so far:

Poll Results
Which of these finalists do you consider to be the Best Privacy/Security Add-On?

BetterPrivacy - 1%

FoxyProxy - 3%

LastPass - 6%

NoScript - 6%

WOT - 81%

JC Wolf

Post by JC Wolf » Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:53 pm

A worthy cause indeed! Keep up the good work all.

Regards,
jc

Note: Of course I voted. ;)

Montmorency

Post by Montmorency » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:18 pm

I voted.

Could I ask fellow WOT users not to cast multiple votes?
There are enough apps out there with legions of depressing fan boys.

nixiewot

Phew.

Post by nixiewot » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:52 pm

Lucky for you, you can't cast votes without a:

* Facebook Account
* About.com Account
* If you don't have either of the above, you can use your email address (not recommended)

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:03 pm

@ mentalist3d = Thank you for a nice report and I do hope we win it , not being negative but last year we started well , but no cigar !
@ JC Wolf = My fellow superhero thank you for your vote !
@ Montmorency = I agree with not voting more than once , and thanks for the vote !
Anyone with Russian , German or Chinese words of encouragement to vote ?
Thanks

VOTE FOR WOT !

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:42 pm

<quote user="nixiewot">
Lucky for you, you can't cast votes without a:

* Facebook Account
* About.com Account
* If you don't have either of the above, you can use your email address (not recommended)
[/quote]
That is inaccurate since I do not have an account from either , and I trust about.com , but if don't
You can create a disposable email account for that purpose , but i got a feeling that you dislike WOT from the threads in which you have posted

nixiewot

FYI to SuperHero58, LastPass.com, etc.

It's not over until the fat lady sings, so Web of Trust could hold a massive lead now and lose to another security addon later.

And all are for FF except WOT and LastPass, and lastpass.com make misleading claims anyway, such as saying it's free when there's a paid version, which removes ads. (Yeah, and they haven't updated their testimonials since 2009.)

And is the "WOT is a finalist in About.com's 2012 Readers Choice Awards..." thingy an advert?
[/cite]

Is your right not to like wot , BUT not to spread false rumors or half truths to undermine WOT , or at least try to

I have given my e.mail to about.com many times , but this link can make you a disposable e.mail

hxxttp://mailinator.com

I read the rules and I do not see anything that prevents yoy from using an alternative email , but as I said before I trust about.com

enough to leave my email , I have never received spam from them

So VOTE and pay not attention to scaremongers , whoever may be , when the lady finnaly sings WOT will be the winner , but is up to you
Make sure your voice is heard
VOTE !

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:35 pm

Voted for WOT and now it's 82%.

Post by Guest » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:19 pm

<quote user="link28">
Voted for WOT and now it's 82%.
[/quote]
@ link28 = Thank you !

Javelina

Post by Javelina » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:22 pm

I just voted, for WOT (of course... because I truly do believe WOT is deserving). I don't have a Facebook account, nor an about dot com account. I used my good email address. I don't expect to have any problems as a result of doing so. Someone earlier expressed a concern about that. I am in agreement with @SuperHero58 on this matter. I also agree with @montmorency re "apps with legions of depressing fan boys". (multiple giggles)

Seems like last year, WOT was an entrant in two categories, not just one. Are we in candidates in any other categories this year?

Finally: Do you still need translation into German or Chinese? I can ask around.