We are the good people and yet we are not treated as such !

We are the good people and yet we are not treated as such !

Post by Guest » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:24 pm

@Administrators and owners or owner of WOT =

We!

The, members of WOT have done an excellent work and for free, we are all doing this because we believe that, our honest opinions count, and will improve and lead to a safer internet

Opinions are just that, but Spam is a clear- cut case!

[cite] unsolicited usually commercial e-mail sent to a large number of addresses [/cite]http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/spam [T]

Not even once an administrator or a CEO of WOT had the courage that comes from a moral duty to the members, to give us the support to protect our identities or responded to the legal suit against the members of WOT
10/15/2015, Entered: 10/15/2015 OrderCourt Filing ORDER granting 9 MOTION for Extension of Time to Serve the Complaint Upon Defendants for an additional 120 days without prejudice to renew the request. Signed by Judge Sue L. Robinson on 10/14/2015. (nmfn) (Entered: 10/15/2015)
htxxtp://www.plainsite.org/dockets/2ms76cwvb/del ... v-does-126

Now we have 120 days more of worrying because you failed to act, when it was needed

Believing that a problem does not exist is not going to make it go away or worse being afraid to confront those who are threatening, the ones that have stood with you for so many years, and remained loyal through bad times it shows a character flaw that does not represent, how a leader should lead

Instead of letting us know what is going on, you decided to avoid the whole thing and even went as far as deleting OUR ratings of the individual that is suing us

We can start a donation drive in order to hire lawyers to defend us or you will keep on losing more members that were doing a great job by taking their time and spend it on helping others navigate a safer net

My opinion is that, someone should tell us what it is that, the administrators are planning on doing and do it
Standing still or frozen by fear, is not the way and I say this with respect, but hoping that you will react to the actions of a person that could never win a case like this, unless you do nothing, then he would win, just by sheer intimidation

I hope, you listen

A440

RE: We are the good people and yet we are not treated as such !

Post by A440 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:04 pm

I'm not worried. Spurious lawsuits don't bother me much, especially in the case you are referring to.

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:52 pm

[green] I think that when the dust settles we will be alright. When push comes to shove we are on solid ground.[/green]

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:10 pm

<quote user="apollo702">
[green] I think that when the dust settles we will be alright. When push comes to shove we are on solid ground.[/green]
[/quote]
I feel the same way my friend

drsumit

Post by drsumit » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:03 pm

I believe in the cause of WOT and as members of the community we have every right to know whats going on ?
I am not worried about the lawsuit but I am worried how this is portrayed outside. Some People are watching this lawsuit closely - if this scare tactics work, chances are there will be more in the future. I believe the WOT management will gain more by being proactive.
My regards to the wot community for their great work 24/7 365days ..... (WE)B of TRUST - the we factor what has made wot so unique.

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:01 pm

<quote user="drsumit">
I believe in the cause of WOT and as members of the community we have every right to know whats going on ?
I am not worried about the lawsuit but I am worried how this is portrayed outside. Some People are watching this lawsuit closely - if this scare tactics work, chances are there will be more in the future. I believe the WOT management will gain more by being proactive.
My regards to the wot community for their great work 24/7 365days ..... (WE)B of TRUST - the we factor what has made wot so unique.
[/quote]
Well said, my friend =

Some news from the top are needed it as the entire world is watching I have given more, of myself than, when money was a factor, never have I seen a bunch of dedicated and hard -working people than @ WOT

Is my hope that, someone comes and says, we have not left you alone and as all of you have fought for those who needed this add- on, we will fight for you as well

Надежда и мужество, будет нести нас через эти моменты
Мы WOT!

Hope and courage, will carry us through these moments
We are WOT!

Even if leaves a bitter taste, a sad lesson of how not to lead!
Даже если горький вкус из печального урока о том, как не возглавить группу
We will win - Мы победим!
To my Slavic friends as well
Thank you
спасибо

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:12 pm

[green] Nobody should be immune to lawsuits and we as a community should always strive to choose our words and ratings carefully. Having said that truth is a defense in court and the community generally does a great job. It does say in the terms that members are responsible for their own actions and the vast majority of them do so.

Recently I crossed over the 10k barrier and got the MRT. I have yet to use it. When I review sites I like to really get in there and dig in. If I say something about a site without fail there is going to be something solid to back it up. When I see reviews by the veterans in here it is clear that they also are taking nice and good looks at sites. I find it very encouraging. The one part that makes me uneasy is a certain (ex?) member who blindly left millions of [/green][red] reviews[/red][green] often times without a shred of evidence. It has previously been expressed that they don't want to lose millions of ratings. I hope that isn't the case.

Site owners should have remedies for false ratings. If the ratings have merit they likely are going to be barking up the wrong tree. [/green]

williKi

Post by williKi » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:15 pm

My two cents. The Internet is full of self-styled artists who are really self entitled scam artists who own worthless, scam Websites. Me and a couple of other members had an experience with just the type:

hxxp://www.mywot.com/en/forum/61552-fulltv-tv

When they couldn't get me to alter my rating, they evidently contacted an Admin, who posted this on my board:

"Hi,
The following site owners have requested for their site's reputation to be re-evaluated. Please read their requests on the forum and see if your ratings and comments are still relevant."

Please see the above link for my reply. I'm not worried about repercussions, it's all true.

My 2 cents.

Post by Guest » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:39 pm

@ williKi =
Welcome to WOT and I hope you stay with us :)
"The following site owners have requested for their site'"
Is an automatic request, but you can ignore it...............
The first time I got one, I complained about it, since I made my point in my rating
Sometimes when I see the link, is enough for me to simply delete the message, I hope that my experience will serve you, in one way or the other
As a numismatic and a notaphilist [among other hobbies along the way], I give your two cents backs....... They are quite valuable :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two-cent_ ... _States%29
Best Regards

williKi

Post by williKi » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:36 pm

Here's another classic:

https://www.mywot.com/en/forum/61666-bobfilm-biz

Why are people who own the most flagrant Websites so entitled?

Bye the bye: http://hosts-file.net/default.asp?s=bobfilm.biz Moscow, evidently, DMCA does not work there?