What can you do with your activity score?

RatingDexter

RE: What can you do with your activity score?

Post by RatingDexter » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:45 pm

<quote user="notbuyingit">
Five uses for your activity score:

1 a) Use it to impress ladies whom you chat up.
1 b) Use it as a fake telephone number to give annoying men who try to chat you up.
2) Use it as an early warning sign of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
3) Run it up so high that it causes an integer overflow and arbitrary code to be executed, granting you root privileges.
4) Use it as a seed for a pseudo-random number generator.
5) Use it as a modern substitute for a Kibo number.
[/quote]

Very interesting uses for the activity rating. Number three sounds like a good challenge. Number one A, however, may be faulty if Web of Trust is considered an esoteric online community in a bar or other public venue

If you were really obsessive-compulsive (Number two), you could use it for a password on another site!

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:20 pm

<quote user="ratingdexter">
Number three sounds like a good challenge. [/quote]\

A similar integer overflow may have occurred at SiteAdvisor. Their counts abruptly went off-line several months ago and have never been restored. I suspect their most prolific volunteer reviewer "pharmalert" got the blame for that one.

Jazspeak

Post by Jazspeak » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:24 pm

To paraphrase G.K.Chesterton, the activity score is like a top-hat; you can wear it, wave it about, or throw it in the air, but you can never stand on it.

jeff134

Post by jeff134 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 6:11 am

I traded some of my activity score for some extra good marks with Santa, he promised me more presents this year!

NotBuyingIt

Post by NotBuyingIt » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:17 pm

<quote user="jeff134">
I traded some of my activity score for some extra good marks with Santa, he promised me more presents this year!
[/quote]\
Merry Christmas, jeff134. Santa promises a new set of [url=http://www.mywot.com/en/scorecard/wonton.com/comment-30096534 t=_self]drumsticks[/url], but he asks that you stay off of his lap in the shopping malls so that he has time to talk with the little kids.