What do you think.

destinationtruth

What do you think.

Post by destinationtruth » Mon May 08, 2017 8:41 pm

Tell me; do you think I'm being too harsh over Sanwhole company's requirements.
_http://www.bitsdujour.com/software/vole-magic-note/in=upcoming-discounts

Heidi

Apollo702

RE: What do you think.

Post by Apollo702 » Tue May 09, 2017 1:14 am

I don't think that you are too harsh at all. Most people simply don't know these kinds of things. They see "FREE!" or look at some basic features and leave it at that. Most have no idea that there indeed are deeper issues to explore.

I read the thread twice and IMO you weren't out of line. You didn't say anything rude or wrong. They as the business should disclose things that the consumer simply should not. Part of how I make my living is by finding and testing out things like software- and I can't count how many times I pulled the plug when issues like these popped up. In some rare occasions developers truly would listen. In most, they just dug in their heels or stonewalled. Unfortunately, the unwashed masses simply have no clue what they are getting themselves into. Therefore, people who know a little extra are going to face these situations frequently.

I have been called every name in the book after I started to learn more and then begin probing beyond surface appearances. In some ways one of the ways that you know that you are living your life the good way is when others don't like you or put you down. Wanting to be liked is good- but it is a trap expecting it to be universal. Sometimes when others are upset that may be the key indicator that you truly are on the right track.

Consider the following statements:

"What are you doing trying to sail around the world? Don't you know that you will fall off the edge and scary monsters are going to eat you?"

"If man was meant to fly he would have had wings. This whole airplane nonsense is never going to work..."

My vote is to keep on trucking.

A440

Post by A440 » Tue May 09, 2017 6:38 am

I hate software that baits the user into using it only to end up holding their work hostage if one does not buy something or spend more money.
That is exactly what Prezi tried to do. They gave out educator copies of the software and then fixed it so that one could not access one's work after a certain amount of time. It's basically ransom-ware.

destinationtruth

Post by destinationtruth » Tue May 09, 2017 9:04 pm

<quote user="apollo702">

My vote is to keep on trucking.
[/quote]

I'll take the vote, and put the hammer down.
Thanks for the opinion.

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Tue May 09, 2017 11:19 pm

<quote user="a440">
I hate software that baits the user into using it only to end up holding their work hostage if one does not buy something or spend more money.
That is exactly what Prezi tried to do. They gave out educator copies of the software and then fixed it so that one could not access one's work after a certain amount of time. It's basically ransom-ware.
[/quote]

It seems that one does an especially wicked job of getting the fish on the hook and then later on pulling it out of the water and clubbing it on the head.

If in the U.S. we can't even get people to put down their beer long enough to learn a darn thing about who is running for president it is easy to see why so many businesses set things up to snag those who don't read or probe any deeper...