What is your view of Donald Trump, the newly elected US President ?

luciaperezip

RE: What is your view of Donald Trump, the newly elected US Pres

Post by luciaperezip » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:52 am

I think things wont be so bad as he tell.

Dutch Mountain

Post by Dutch Mountain » Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:55 pm

<quote user="luciaperezip">
I think things wont be so bad as he tell.
[/quote]
Let's hope so.
So far the clown has surprised us constantly and damaged the reputation of his country in the international playing field enormously.
An elephant in the china closet, ( = Dutch idiom ).

destinationtruth

Post by destinationtruth » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:11 am

<quote user="dutch mountain">
Let's hope so.
So far the clown has surprised us constantly and damaged the reputation of his country in the international playing field enormously.
An elephant in the china closet, ( = Dutch idiom ).
[/quote]

I still predict will be in a major war before years end. . . hell maybe before spring.

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:31 pm

Trump has a very low approval rating -- but it's not zero.

The US is extremely divided. Both major parties have been "playing the electoral college," i.e., they don't bother to campaign in states they don't expect to win, as most states apportion their electoral votes in a winner-takes-all method.

The result is that a high percentage of people in the US never hear any opinions other than those of the major party in their state. They may actually agree more with the other party, but they don't know it. I just read an article about farmers dealing with climate change but unwilling to use the term "climate change." Their farming magazine's cover story just called it "weather." And people of both parties have strong feelings about "Citizens United," "Dodd-Frank," "Glass-Steagall," "Obamacare," "Keystone Pipeline," and "DAPL" but very few know any of the details of those controversies. Many people are aligning with their party leaders against their own best interests. People who would claim to want small government are backing someone who will be seizing private property and walling other landowners off from their water source in order to build a pointless wall with Mexico. The party leaders have abdicated any responsibility to educate people; their only mailings are fundraising letters disguised as surveys or decorated with some one-sided platitudes, because they don't want educated voters, only loyal ones.

I believe Trump is a disaster. But it's more of a concern that so many people supported him. Fortunately, the American people tend to have very short attention spans and a tendency to tear down their own heroes. He can't deliver on his promises without making his own supporters unhappy, and he doesn't have enough understanding of politics and economics to realize the damage he can cause. I am hopeful that there will be an impeachment before there is a military coup or CIA assassination, because it will take a drawn out process involving the power to subpoena his records and those of the "unholy trinity" to convince enough people that the impeachment is not a witch hunt. The Republicans want to do it, badly, but they're just waiting for the sweet spot between getting their pet projects signed into law and the point when enough of his supporters are disillusioned that it's politically feasible to impeach.

NotBuyingIt

Be loose. Be easy. Be ready.

Post by NotBuyingIt » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:21 pm

<quote user="alphacentauri">
Fortunately, the American people tend to have very short attention spans …
[/quote]
Unfortunately, inattention and forgetfulness are exceptionally sorry excuses either for the electorate or for their elected. Apparently, most American citizens' attention spans were so short that they "forgot" to vote.
&nbsp;

alphacentauri

RE: Be loose. Be easy. Be ready.

Post by alphacentauri » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:50 am

<quote user="notbuyingit">
Unfortunately, inattention and forgetfulness are exceptionally sorry excuses either for the electorate or for their elected. Apparently, most American citizens' attention spams were so short that they "forgot" to vote.
&nbsp;
[/quote]

Yeah, it's not often our national case of ADD works out as an advantage. It would be nice if people at least recognized it before going into wars and then losing interest six months into it.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:18 pm

This post was in response to a now hidden post
I think there are two reasons Trump wants to kill the EPA:
First, to protect coal interests. Don't believe in the "clean" coal hype, coal is dirty no matter how you look at it.
Second, to build the wall. Because the wall would be such an ecological disaster, Trump needs to destroy any opposition so he can build it.

WOTRocks223

Post by WOTRocks223 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:18 pm

<quote user="site-rater">
First, to protect coal interests. Don't believe in the "clean" coal hype, coal is dirty no matter how you look at it.
Second, to build the wall. Because the wall would be such an ecological disaster, Trump needs to destroy any opposition so he can build it.
[/quote]

R.I.P.

EARTH
4.6 BILLION BC – 2020

Died from Trump's crimes against the ecosystem

destinationtruth

Post by destinationtruth » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:43 pm

<quote user="site-rater">
This post was in response to a now hidden post
[/quote]

Oh the ignorance of Dictator Trump supporters is mind-boggling.

What is your obsession of a wall on the Mexican boarder. Here is you some facts.

Republican Senator Susan Collins and Senate Homeland Security chairman, Joseph Lieberman released a report stating that US- Canada border is having security gaps. They also specified that base on the special report from the US Government Accountability Office American and Canadian agencies does not have the capacity to detect illegal crossings of drugs, weapons and people along the border.

According to Lieberman the GAO report clearly shows that the defense of the northern border is nonetheless unacceptably ineffective. He said that “it’s weak, weaker than it should be and needs to be.”

Only 32 miles of the 4000 mile border has reached an acceptable level of security revealed by a study done by the Government Accountability Office. It is the only area that the federal government has control.

The remaining 3968 miles does not have the ability to detect illegal activity across the northern border.

Americans had always thought that Mexico is dangerous however the report stated that the Homeland Security department had concluded that it is actually the southern border of Canada that has the higher terrorist activity risk because Islamist extremist groups are more rampant in Canada than in Mexico.

Why are you all not chanting build that wall, and make Canada pay for it. . . You folks are totally ignorant of the facts.

Heidi-Ann

MyWOT-Team

Post by MyWOT-Team » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:35 am

Let's keep political discussions elsewhere.
We received several complaints about this thread, so we are closing it for further comments.
Thank you for understanding.