Why is it so difficult to find site ratings less than 5 years old?

Buckeye13

Why is it so difficult to find site ratings less than 5 years old?

Post by Buckeye13 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:49 pm

I've been a member of WOT for many years. There were several good site ratings back then, but that seems to be a thing of the past! :x

Site-rater

Re: Why is it so difficult to find site ratings less than 5 years old?

Post by Site-rater » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:23 pm

In the past few years there has been a data collection scandal and a redesign that totally dumbed down the ratings flow. This has caused traffic to the ratings pages (and the forums) to plummet.

Javelina

Post by Javelina » Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:16 am

The mywot website owners keep changing the user interface, making it less and less functional! Every time I return, there seem to be fewer available rating tools and site features. It is really a shame, as the site was much more useful back in 2010 when I joined, and even in 2015 than now.

SiteRater is correct. I suspect that users are less enthusiastic about contributing reviews given that there is less content (even old content!) and activity overall. For example, there used to be screen shots of each website that was rated, and links to WHOIS and a lot more. All of that is gone now.

Site-rater

Post by Site-rater » Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:00 am

Back in 2010 didn't it have 4 rating categories (Trustworthiness, Privacy, Customer Satisfaction, and Child Safety), and not hold your hand when it came to rating, and wouldn't rate a site 100% child safe if you didn't select adult content or gruesome and shocking, even if you selected obviously dangerous for kids categories like hate or illegal content?

Javelina

Post by Javelina » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:37 am

Site-rater,
Yes, I believe that you are CORRECT.

That is, MyWot wouldn't rate a site 100% child safe if you selected categories like hate or illegal content, even if you did NOT select adult content or gruesome and shocking. It was necessary to explicitly select child safe for that designation to be displayed. I believe the approach in place before was preferable and more responsible to how it is now.

Rating a site child-safe should be a deliberate decision, after consideration whether it really is!