Wich of these seven sins , could be too tempting for you?

Wich of these seven sins , could be too tempting for you?

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:24 am

In this article, the author speaks of the seven mistakes or "sins" that hackers exploit, I will add vanity as so many people want to be liked and befriended, to the point of paying for it, so the more "likes" or "friends", the better

The problem is that you are opening the door, to people who do not care about you, much less like you

But going back to the article, I started wondering which one, would be my Achilles hill

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-20717773

To my surprise
As cynical as it may sound, the only answer is to practise your A-B-C:

Assume nothing

Believe no one

Check everything
Believe no one is too difficult for me and the paranoia involved in it, can make life rather harsh or unbearable for me, maybe it means to know well a person or a situation

The article, though short is good, even if most of us, do not pay attention to its message

I also learned a new expression

"smishing"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMiShing

RE: Wich of these seven sins , could be too tempting for you?

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:03 pm

Thoughtlessness was the one that really put me in the trap when I was little. I'd just click on links carelessly.
It's still my main sin out of the seven now, but the ABC tips are really useful! Thanks for supplying the link, SuperHero58! :)

Figure10

Post by Figure10 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:02 pm

Courtesy... I'm often too nervous to ask questions directly, so I usually just look things up hoping someone else already had the same problem.

c۞g

Post by c۞g » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:29 pm

[list][*]Assume nothing[*]Believe no one[*]Check everything[/list]

This has been exemplified for posts concerning MRT lists / discussions throughout these forums
What sets WOT apart from the other reputation systems is that WOT mainly relies upon human intervention, and a simple trait of being human is the we make mistakes.

I disagree with the author's final conclusion, to snip a bit: a little bit of paranoia goes a long way online
paranoia is not [psychologically] healthy; however skepticism is, that statement should have read:
a little bit of skepticism goes a long way online

definitions:
paranoia
skepticism

alphacentauri

Post by alphacentauri » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:57 pm

Aww, gee, you said seven deadly sins and I thought we were going to get to talk about gluttony ;)

Post by Guest » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:59 pm

<quote user="alphacentauri">
Aww, gee, you said seven deadly sins and I thought we were going to get to talk about gluttony ;)
[/quote]

ROFL ...........................

Someone told me is no longer a sin, she is trying to quit smoking, so she eats like if there was no tomorrow

And I agree with c۞g , the ending of the article, was negative

Skepticism is a better substitute :}