Will my account remain on the system?

Dramp

Will my account remain on the system?

Post by Dramp » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:10 pm

Hello!

Will my account remain on the system if it is not used for several years?

To use MyWot services without adding to the browser is inconvenient, and add-ons to Firefox do not work for a long time and, apparently, no one is going to do them.

Putting estimates and writing comments to the file storage.js for yourself is a waste of time.

It's possible that in about 5 years I'll go to Chrome, but I'm not going to do it yet.

Thank you.

spectre

Re: Will my account remain on the system?

Post by spectre » Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:44 pm

Your account will remain forever.
Even if you delete your account, the comments you have posted will never be deleted unless you delete them all yourself. They will be hidden until there is a scorecard update and then they will be restored.

I wont use Chrome either, unfortunately the devs are obsessed with it and don't seem to have experience with better browsers.

Dramp

Post by Dramp » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:07 pm

shazza wrote: ↑
Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:44 pm
Your account will remain forever.
Even if you delete your account, the comments you have posted will never be deleted unless you delete them all yourself. They will be hidden until there is a scorecard update and then they will be restored.

I wont use Chrome either, unfortunately the devs are obsessed with it and don't seem to have experience with better browsers.
My wife passed away three years ago. She was a Gold Member and used the system for many years.
I do not see any of her comments.
It's like they erased a man ...

Apollo702

Post by Apollo702 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:12 am

Do you want her ratings?

If so, there is a good chance that they got lost. Iffity if if if they can be found and you want them I would suggest manually copying them while you still can.

There also is a hail Mary for recovering them. Many browser cleanups don't get everything. One thing that frequently gets missed are saved forms. That means (almost*)everything typed into your browser.

You could find the file in your browser(s)' folder(s) manually or you could grab an extension like Lazarus that will go in there and bring back everything(not erased) ever typed into the browser.

*Some services such as password managers deliberately exclude secure text inputs.

Good luck!