WOT 3 beta testing team

Sami

Re: "I agree" not working

Post by Sami » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:34 pm

Press Ctrl+Shift+R to reload the page and try again. It's probably just someone tweaking things at our end.

lordpake

"I agree" issue

Post by lordpake » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:45 pm

That Ctrl+Shift+R seems to have solved the issue.

Alex Tracer

Artemij, it is better to

Post by Alex Tracer » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:14 pm

Artemij, it is better to give some time for developers to fix UTF-8 support in WOT commenting system. I think there will be russian forums too but you should wait a bit.

PS: I'm russian too.

Alex Tracer

Hmm...

Post by Alex Tracer » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:27 pm

Seems like UTF-8 problem is already fixed. It is possible to use russian letters in comments.

Sami

Re: Editing Comments

Post by Sami » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:33 pm

You're right, it's very much possible for a site to change from trustworthy to unreliable over time as companies go bankrupt, for example. I think I might have covered this in one of very first blog posts, but I could be wrong.

So basically, the problem is that users rate a website, the site dies a few years later, users move along and forget about ever rating it. Then the domain name is sold to a highest bidder and the new owner turns out to be a scammer.

WOT solves this by considering old ratings to be less valuable than new ones, which are naturally based on fresh experiences. Of course, there are a large number of other factors involved too, but this allows ratings to adapt in a situation where a site's trustworthiness suddenly changes.

Just in case anyone is wondering about their ratings losing value, there's no need to worry, ratings are refreshed every time the add-on loads them from our server.

Sami

Re: Hmm...

Post by Sami » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:34 pm

Yes, it should be fixed. Thanks for the confirmation though!

lordpake

Scorecard comments and postcount

Post by lordpake » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:02 pm

Small oddity: the number of my scorecard comments seem to be added to my postcount. However when accessing My posts in My Page, it only shows my entries in blog comments and forum. I don't seem to be able to see a list of my comments anywhere. Only when again viewing scorecard for some site I can see the comment for that specific site.

Vednier

UTF-8

Post by Vednier » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:13 pm

Yes, i can confirm, non-latin comments now working fine.
And, about, language separated sections on forum - i think it's too early. Not enough international users at present time

Timo

Scorecard comments

Post by Timo » Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:29 pm

You are right, the scorecard comments are added to the postcount in My page, but they are not shown at My posts. It's good idea to add the scorecard comments to My posts as well. Thanks for the idea.

wehaveitall

Fairly good but..

Post by wehaveitall » Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:54 am

I like wot 3.0, but I think there are some things that should be changed/added
1. You can only view comments if you view the scorecard. Something showing part of the message followed by read more in the actual rating window would be helpful. For example a comment might look like this.
This site is somewhat spammy, it..... Read more
Second of all, it should be more clear what the people icons by the rating are. Putting a reliability, or number of raters, would be helpful
Another important feature i think would be to include whats on the demo page in the actual rating window, so you can check a site quickly and easily. In other words, put the same search box that's on the demo page, right under activity score, or really anywhere on the rating window.
Finally, a lighter colored rating window like before would be better. The green section indicating excellent, the red section indicating unsafe, etc are much darker than in wot 2.0, however at least a little lighter would be nice.

Overall however, I like wot 3.0. The scorecard is very nice, and I'm happy to see you encorporated my suggestion that I posted: http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/98

Thanks!
Ben