WOT 3 beta testing team

BuBBy

Happy with colors?

Post by BuBBy » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:40 am

Some will like the colors - others will not - some users are completely color blind...

Perhaps having a choice of 2 or 3 options for colors, and a choice that can be used independent of color (maybe black and white or different icons).

Each user can pick a style (locally) that suits - and almost all users will be more satisfied. Some will like dark, some bright, some alternate colors entirely.

Maybe different shades picked out by the user from a color palette for a custom mix.

phyzome

Colorblindness is important!

Post by phyzome » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:23 am

Something like 6 to 8 percent of men are red-green colorblind. The linear trust scales are probably fine, but the color-only indicator is not going to be very useful to a goodly chunk of WOT's userbase.

I'd recommend using a dial-type indicator, or a pie wedge that can go from 0 degrees to 360 degrees. It could be specified as an alternative in the settings.

Sami

Re: Colorblindness is important!

Post by Sami » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:00 am

We hear you and in fact, we have something very cool in the works to make both the add-on and the scorecard more accessible. I was quite impressed by the work of our design people myself and I'm not easily impressed. Unfortunately, there just wasn't enough time to include it in the v3 beta, but it's coming.

Sami

Re: Fairly good but..

Post by Sami » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:14 am

Thanks for the comments. The colors on the rating bar are intentionally darker in this version to focus your attention from your own rating to the community rating, because that's what most users are looking for when they open the window. As you notice, the rating bar is even darker if you have already given a rating. If you haven't rated a site and move your mouse over the rating bar, it becomes brighter. I know the colors may need some getting used to after the old version though.

wehaveitall

Colors

Post by wehaveitall » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:46 am

Still, an option allowing you to choose your brightness would be nice.
Ps: PLEASE look at this http://www.mywot.com/en/forum/1220 I posted it a second time as the first time it was completely ignored

Seattle John

WOT 3

Post by Seattle John » Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:36 am

Yes! I really like the vers. 3 WOT. The comments section makes a lot of sense.
If my rating varies from the overall rating, I should explain WHY. Also great sites should be rewarded, and dangerous ones should be explained. Some users may ignore a red circle, but if they see that the site is known for a specific problem, they may be more careful about visiting.
WOT 3 works & feels great. I have been revisiting some previously rated sites just to add a comment. I feel that it makes my ratings more relevant.