WOT awards

Deborah S.

WOT awards

Post by Deborah S. » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:43 am

We are so appreciative of our WOT users that we wanted to thank you in a special way. The new WOT awards helps us to express our gratitude to you for all you do.

There are three different awards:

http://www.mywot.com/files/imagepicker/d/Deborah%20S./award_publicity.png" alt="Publicity award 2008">

The WOT Publicity award goes to those members who have enthusiastically promoted WOT and our safe surfing philosophy. They share a genuine desire to help people navigate the Internet safely, and they have shared WOT on personal and professional blogs, social networking sites, through business or school contacts and using other innovative techniques.

To see the first recipients of the WOT Publicity award please visit our blog or the January Inside MyWOT newsletter.

http://www.mywot.com/files/imagepicker/d/Deborah%20S./award_scam_buster.png" alt="Scambuster award 2008">

The WOT Scambusters award goes to those members who have discovered and reported threats that could do harm to others' computers, personal data and wallets.

http://www.mywot.com/files/imagepicker/d/Deborah%20S./award_top_member.png" alt="Top User award">

The Top Member award goes to those members who serve the WOT community by giving their time, knowledge and advice to help others stay safe on the Internet.

Nominations accepted

If you would like to suggest someone for any of our awards, from the past or present, please email us at awards@mywot.com. Watch this space for future announcements of the Scambuster and Top User awards.

Congrats to winners!

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:25 pm

There's no silver bullet to end the threat of phishers and spammers, but common sense and joining forces will go a long way fighting the bad guys. Long live WOT!

Signature . . .

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:52 pm

This is my signature on several forums I visit. I made it my signature here one time but it ended up looking too long and confusing:

"Ultimately, the only protection against phishing, forged Web pages, downloading malware, and other threats is the technology located between the user's ears."

On forums with a sig delimiter and colors (HTML/BB Code), it shows up better.

But in any case, it's my firm belief.

Another one I've had is:

"The best antivirus is common sense . . . it can be updated daily"

Great Idea!

Post by bpvette » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:38 pm

This is very cool providing awards!

Thank you very much!
Brett Paul

Thank You WOT

Post by Spacequad » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:33 am

I just wanted to say thank you for such a wonderful way to inform the public and get them involved in what we all have had to endure over the years as the internet has become more abused by criminals. If we all do our part in keeping a watch out for criminal activities, then we all win. One thing that I think can help considerably is that we need to watch the hosting providers and ISPs that host these criminals. Everyone should do what they can to seek them out and put pressure on the providers to get these criminals terminated.

Good article . . .

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:04 am

This is a link to an article about a provder that was recently shut down because of hosting spammers:

"The best antivirus is

Post by YoKenny » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:42 am

"The best antivirus is common sense . . . it can be updated daily"
I love it.
Change is inevitable except from a vending machine

Bester Antivirus

Post by TheTrust » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Als Free Antivirus Empfehle ich Avira Antivr
und als Pay Antivirus kaspersky internet security 2009 was ich selber nutze

Gruß TheTrust

Re: Bester Antivirus

Post by Guest » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:55 pm

The Big Bin

Post by The Big Bin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:34 pm

Als Free Antivirus Empfehle ich Avira Antivr
und als Pay Antivirus kaspersky internet security 2009 was ich selber nutze

Hallo, bitte ENGLISCH im Forum reden. ;-)

What he wrote was, for a free antivirus program he recommends Avira Antivir and for a commercial one he recommends kaspersky internet security 2009 which he uses himself.
Per aspera ad astra